Aladdin Knowledge Systems (NASDAQ: ALDN), the worldwide leader in Software Digital Rights Management (SW DRM) and USB-based authentication solutions, and a leading innovator in enterprise secure content management, today announced Aladdin HASP HL v1.30, the latest version of its family of hardware-based software protection and licensing solutions that offers a powerful combination of enhanced security for software developers and greater ease-of-use.
Recently named a finalist for the coveted SIIA CODiE award for the Best Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution, Aladdin HASP HL stands as the most widely used hardware-based Software DRM solution worldwide. The release of HASP HL v1.30 furthers software publishers' ability to grow their revenues through the highest level of protection against piracy and intellectual property theft and unrivaled ease-of-use.
Stronger Software Anti-piracy Measures
The new HASP HL Envelope features enhanced anti-hacking measures for both .NET and Win32 files, adding an additional layer of protection to the most secure wrapping technology on the market today.
New Developer Tools
Software vendors facing even the most aggressive schedules enjoy new tools that allow for effectiveness and quick time to market:
• A new Envelope offers unmatched ease and simplicity in protecting .NET classes and offers protection for a broader range of applications by supporting combined Win32 and .NET projects.
• Data file encryption is applied by a few mouse clicks with a new DataHASP Encryption utility.
• A special Converter tool enables hiding vendor-specific codes within seconds.
Broader Support for Operating Systems
As Windows x64 becomes the industry's "de-facto" standard for 64bit operation systems, HASP HL V1.30 promises unmatched protection for native Windows x64 applications. In addition, vendors that create embedded devices enjoy HASP HL protection for embedded software running on the Windows XP Embedded operating system.
"The release of HASP HL v1.30 once again demonstrates Aladdin's growing, market-leading position by continually enhancing security, ease-of-use, and providing the most extensive platform options available," said Avi Barir, vice president of Software Digital Rights Management (DRM) at Aladdin Knowledge Systems. "Aladdin offers software developers a uniquely powerful combination of security, flexibility and convenience – empowering them to find even more ways to sell their products, target new market segments and increase revenues. We're extremely pleased to announce worldwide general availability of HASP HL v1.30."
About Aladdin HASP
The Aladdin HASP family provides a suite of revolutionary hardware- and software-based anti-piracy solutions engineered for software publishers to ensure that their intellectual property is protected and they get paid for each product they ship. Aladdin HASP provides the highest level of anti-piracy protection available to combat unauthorized copying and use. HASP also delivers powerful new tools to enable innovative software licensing schemes and flexible pricing models that allow publishers to bring their products to market with confidence while increasing sales and profits:
• HASP for Single-User: A hardware-based (HASP HL) or software-based (HASP SL) solution for protecting and licensing software running on stand-alone computers.
• HASP for Enterprise: A hardware-based (HASP HL Net) solution for protecting and licensing software used by multiple users in network environments and the enterprise.
• HASP for Trialware: A software-based solution (HASP TT) for creating secure, controlled software trialware.
• HASP for Documents: A hardware-based system (HASP DocSeal) for protecting intellectual property and sensitive information in HTML files.
• HASP is the worldwide market leader in software DRM solutions and is used by more software developers than any other product. In a recent head-to-head comparison conducted by independent testing lab KeyLabs, HASP finished far ahead of its closest competitor with a large lead in key categories including security, ease-of-use, flexibility of tools and functionality, and compatibility across platforms and environments.
Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd. is a global provider of security solutions that reduce software theft, authenticate network users and protect against unwanted Internet and e-mail content, including spam, viruses and spyware. Its security products are organized into two segments: Software Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Enterprise Security. Aladdin's Software DRM products allow software publishers to protect their intellectual property and increase revenues by reducing losses from software theft and piracy. Its Enterprise Security solutions enable organizations to secure their information technology assets by controlling who has access to their networks (authentication) and what content their users can utilize (content security).