NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, 2008/08/08 - Denise Jeffrey of About Time Virtual Assistance & Commemorative Services launches her new Virtual Assistant business at AboutTimeVACS.ca (VACS), and it's all "About Time!" and how you can put more hours in your day.
If you’ve ever wished for more hours in a day, help is just a phone call or email away. Denise Jeffrey has just launched her home-based company, About Time Virtual Assistance & Commemorative Services (VACS), and her goal is to save you time…and money.
Many small business owners have started to use outside assistance rather than hiring in-house employees for their administrative/creative needs. They are working with Virtual Assistants and enjoying the advantages of: lower labor costs, no office space or equipment, and not having to deal with payroll, taxes or benefits.
According to the International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA), "A Virtual Assistant (VA) is an independent entrepreneur providing administrative, creative and/or technical services. Utilizing advanced technological modes of communication and data delivery, a professional VA assists clients in his/her area of expertise from his/her own office on a contractual basis."
Contracting services is nothing new; you see it every day in all sectors of business. But, it is becoming more popular in the administrative field with the growing emergence of Virtual Assistants. “By providing the administrative support they need, clients have more time to work on activities that promote their business and generate revenue. Plus, they only pay for the time used and only when they need it”, emphasizes Denise.
Like many VA’s, About Time VACS offers a wide range of administrative services:
• Database Management/Data Entry;
• PowerPoint Presentations;
• Word Processing, Spreadsheets;
• Desktop Publishing.
Beyond the common support services, Many VA’s also choose to concentrate more fully on a specific industry (e.g. writers, speakers, real estate) or service (e.g. website design, PowerPoint presentations, event planning). More unique, for Denise, are the commemorative services also offered:
• Photo Collages;
• Image Editing (Red Eye, Retouching, and Mock Magazine Covers);
• Personalized Poems or Songs (Retirement, Wedding, Graduation, Birthday or Anniversary).
VA’s afford small business owners the same support that was generally found only in large corporations. According to the 2007 Virtual Assistant Chamber of Commerce (VACOC) Survey, over 50% of the participating VA’s brought over 15 years administrative experience to the industry, with 75% working at least 5 years at upper levels.
Denise brings 18 years of traditional office experience to the company, and for her, it is all “About Time”:
• Providing the time to complete the tasks that clients may not have the time/staff to complete in house: efficiently and cost-effectively;
• Providing the time to complete tasks so that clients can simply go home an hour early or make the soccer game for a change;
• Saving clients time that will allow them to concentrate on other business building items;
• Helping clients remember the time when they gave/received a gift of memories that personally celebrates their relationship with a relative, friend or staff member;
• Capturing and celebrating moments in time with digital images, personalized poems or songs;
• Donating her time and VA skills to at least 1 worthwhile cause/year.
What would you do with more hours in your day? What can a VA, like Denise, do for you that would free up your time for more valuable tasks?.