Aras, leading Microsoft enterprise open source software solution provider, today announced the availability of a packaged CAD connector from ICP Solution GmbH & Co. KG, a leading provider of CAD connector integration products and product lifecycle management [PLM] solution deployment services, for the Dassault SolidWorks 3D and 2D software products.
“SolidWorks is a very widely used mainstream CAD system and ICP Solution is providing a comprehensive CAD connector for the Aras Innovator enterprise PLM solution for the corporate community,” said Dr. Helmut Maier, President of Dr. Maier CSS. “The ICP CAD connector enables companies to seamlessly manage SolidWorks product structure handling and product data extraction with Aras Innovator. Together SolidWorks and Aras provide an excellent enterprise PLM environment for companies of all sizes.”
The ICP SolidWorks connector product for Aras Innovator provides a comprehensive set of features including:
• Load and save a 3D model structure as a document structure in Aras Innovator;
• Create a parts list and import to Aras Innovator as a Bill of Materials product structure;
• Create a drawing and refresh title block data;
• Synchronization of attributes including user specific attributes in CAD model, header data in drawing frame, release data and change history in drawing frame, and more.
In the CAD session users can control the CAD structure and the PLM attributes, and have context sensitive pull-down menus for managing CAD information including:
• Approval, release and revision operations;
• Model & drawing status information such as In Work or Released;
• Complete or selective structure copy of model & drawing for new variant;
• Read and write access rights, reservation capabilities, and preview functionality.
“ICP’s reputation and proven CAD connector products provide significant value to companies that are using Aras Innovator’s advanced enterprise PLM solution,” said Martin Allemann, Vice President EMEA for Aras. “Businesses around the world can now take advantage of the most advanced SOA for enterprise PLM from Aras and gain the product development efficiencies that are achieved by managing 3D CAD design files in an integrated manner.”
About ICP Solution GmbH & Co. KG
ICP Solution (icpsolution.com) is a leading provider of product lifecycle management solution deployment services and packaged CAD connector integration products. With more than 50 PLM experts ICP Solution provides extensive PLM competence offering a one-stop-shop approach for PLM deployments and integration adaptors. ICP Solution is privately held with headquarters in Stutensee Germany.
Aras (aras.com) is the leader in providing Microsoft enterprise open source solutions. Aras delivers the most advanced model-based service-oriented architecture [SOA] solutions for enterprise Product Lifecycle Management [PLM] on the Microsoft platform. Customers include Motorola, Rolls-Royce, Freudenberg, Lockheed Martin, Ingersoll Rand and ACCO Brands. Aras is privately held with global headquartered in Andover, Mass.