Following a spate of vandalism and cable theft within various parts of Network Rail's infrastructure, TEW Plus Ltd instigated a successful eight week trial of an intruder deterrent system using Derwent' System's new AEGIS White Light LED illuminators.
During the day intruders are detected by sensors which trigger a loudspeaker that issues a stern warning to trespassers to leave the site.
At night the sensors trigger Derwent's powerful AEGIS UFLED White Light illuminators which flood the scene with visible light. A day / night camera captures a colour image of the action and sends a text alert and email pictures over the mobile phone network. The presence of PIR activated flood lighting is a known deterrent to trespassers and vandals, the fact the lamps are mounted to imposing yellow boxes acts as an added visual deterrent.
Dave Farman, Director, TEW Plus Ltd says, "The system really works. We can claim a 100% success rate. Since installation there have been no repeat incidents of vandalism or cable theft."
Derwent's new AEGIS UFLED White Light illuminators feature (patent pending) Constant Light™ technology, designed to compensate for LED degradation. Degradation is a problem common with all LED based illuminators which results in reduced light output, grainier CCTV image quality and reduced illumination range. Constant Light(tm) automatically controls and adjusts light output to deliver a constant level of lighting performance for the life of the illuminator and making AEGIS the ideal solution for remote locations like railway lines and transportation hubs.
On board power regulation means the units can be powered direct from any 12/24 V AC/DC power supply, without the need for a separate power supply unit (PSU) for quicker, neater, night-time installations. The reduced power consumption equals lower running costs, a critical factor when multiple illuminators are required and a greener, more environmentally friendly lighting solution.
Installer/System Integrator information: TEW Plus Ltd, Dave Farman, Director, 07717 005 655
For photos, interviews, case studies and articles on any of the Derwent or Extreme cameras and systems, please contact Penny Haywood at PHPR Ltd. Sales contact number +44 (0) 1670 730187(Derwent & Extreme CCTV).
For Installer/System Integrator information: please contact: TEW Plus Ltd, Dave Farman, Director, 07717 005 655
Extreme CCTV, Derwent and Forward Vision CCTV are members of the Bosch Group.
All three companies are engineering-led and offer exceptionally robust weatherproof CCTV solutions, field-proven in some of the harshest environments in the world. Extreme CCTV is renowned for its rugged, extreme environment cameras. Derwent manufactures industry-leading infrared and white light security lighting and licence plate capture solutions. Forward Vision is acknowledged as the UK's leading fully functional Pan Tilt & Zoom (PTZ) camera.
• Defence: Army, Navy, RAF, NATO
• High Security: Police HQ's, Embassies, Airports, Critical Infrastructures, Government Buildings
• Hostile Environments: problem housing estates, high crime areas
• Extreme Environments: coastal surveillance, wet and rainy outdoor surveillance, corrosive environments
• Marine Environments: Ports, Seafronts, Harbours,
• Architectural: National Heritage Buildings, Modern Architecture, International Landmarks, Residential, Commercial
• Traditional CCTV: Town Centres, Car Parks, Traffic and Highways Monitoring, Shopping Centres, Schools
• Prestigious developments: museums, visitor centres, science parks, heritage town centres
• Rapid Deployment: Police Vehicles, Building Site Security, Perimeter Security
• ITS: Traffic Monitoring, Congestion Charging, Traffic and Highways Monitoring, Average Speed Enforcement - Temporary and Fixed Installations, Access Control
• System Upgrades for 24/7 Operability and replacing traditional CCTV cameras.
Extreme CCTV & Derwent Systems Ltd
Derwent House, Colbourne Crescent,
Nelson Park Industrial Estate, Cramlington,
Northumberland, NE23 1WB
Company Registration Number: 3009842
Registered Address: 1 St James Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE99 1YQ