NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States, 2006/02/20 - Spending, salaries and perception within companies on the rise.
South Florida-based IT search and staffing specialist, PROTECH released the results of its fourth annual CIO survey in which 81 percent of area technology leaders reported IT budget increases for 2006 – the average increase was 11 percent. The survey of 157 CIOs in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties had a 26 percent response rate and was conducted in January and February.
- 85% of CIOs expected a positive net change in their IT staff for 2006.
- 62% of CIOs said they felt the IT function was viewed as critical within their company -- a 14% increase over last year and a 24% increase from two years ago.
- More than half (57%) of CIOs reported base salaries of $250,000 or more -- a 20% increase over last year when only 37% reported salaries in this range.
- 81% of CIOs said that their IT budgets were in line with their actual needs – a 25% increase from one year ago.
- Talent and staffing related issues such as retention, succession and training topped the list of non-IT concerns.
“CIOs are getting the respect they deserve and more of the resources they need,” said PROTECH CEO Deborah Vazquez. “However, their greatest challenges will be finding, keeping and grooming talent,” she said, noting an increasingly competitive market for skilled IT workers. Solving technical challenges starts with the right people and they know that, she added.
PROTECH (protechfl.com) is South Florida's premier IT placement and staffing company, providing search and contracting services across IT disciplines from development, infrastructure and project management to marketing and executive leadership. With offices in Broward and Miami-Dade, the company helps IT, HR and executive management by serving as a knowledgeable and discrete resource for securing quality talent, expertly matched to the demands of their technical environment and corporate culture.