NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
San Antonio, TX, United States, 2008/07/16 - Practice Management Institute® (PMI, pmiMD) will present its fourth annual national conference in San Antonio, Texas, May 20 - 22 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
The three-day conference will present classes specifically geared for the medical office professional. Advanced coding, reimbursement and office management topics will be offered.
Approximately thirty sessions will be led by practice management educators and professionals. Three learning tracks plus two pre-conference tracks will be offered. Exhibitors will share product information and giveaways with attendees.
“More than four years ago, PMI debuted its first National Conference for Medical Office Professionals,” said Douglas O’Dell, President and CEO of Practice Management Institute. “Each year keeps getting bigger and it’s always a pleasure to welcome so many familiar friends along with first-time attendees.”
The convention center in downtown San Antonio will once again host the event. The venue was selected to accommodate the growing event, and serves as an ideal setting for our guests with its close proximity to the River Walk and other downtown attractions. The 2009 event dates will coincide with Memorial Day weekend allowing guests to plan some extra time to explore the city when the conference is over.
Highlights from the 2008 conference:
• Two interactive pre-conference workshops focused on advanced chart auditing and practice management challenges.
• The introduction of three learning tracks: coding, reimbursement, and office management.
• Nationally renowned coding lecturer Nancy Maguire, gave an entertaining look at the past, present, and future of medical records.
• Exploration into the clinical side of coding with special guest, Dr. Adam I. Harris, who demonstrated selected procedures, while PMI faculty member, Linda D’Spain showed how each scenario impacted code selections.
• Motivational speaker, Jerry Bridge, shared with participants his exclusive approach, developed over two decades, to better customer service and collections.
• An interactive fraud and abuse compliance panel featured an Assistant U.S. Attorney, an FBI Special Agent, a leading health care attorney from Washington DC, and a compliance officer specializing in OSHA and Corporate Integrity Agreements.
• An open microphone session with the faculty who addressed tough coding reimbursement and management questions from the audience.
“The national conference is where we unveil some of our newest, most innovative teaching techniques and concepts,” said O’Dell. “The 2009 conference will feature some of the latest tools and solutions for better overall practice operations.”
Twelve CEUs will be offered to satisfy annual certification renewal requirements for PMI certified professionals. Attendees will have access to all general and breakout sessions, breakfast and lunch provided each day. Emerging details will be available on PMI’s website later this year.
Practice Management Institute® (pmiMD.com) is the training, networking and credentialing source for medical office professionals. For more than 25 years, physicians and their staff have looked to PMI for skills that contribute to a more efficient, profitable and compliant office. Classes are hosted in 300 of the nation’s leading hospitals, medical societies and colleges. PMI awards certification by exam to accomplished medical office coding, reimbursement, and management professionals. In all, more than 12,000 medical office professionals have earned their credentials through PMI.