MIMEsweeper for SMTP is a sophisticated e-mail security and management system designed to comprehensively address the complex security layers, policies, processes and procedures that larger distributed enterprises face. The solution provides the flexibility to tailor day-to-day management of e-mail infrastructures to specific organisational needs. It scans outbound e-mail messages to ensure that they match an organisation’s e-mail policy ensuring that any messages containing sensitive or inappropriate information blocked or routed according to the stated policy based upon enforcing multiple outcomes based upon sender, recipient or content.
Data Loss Prevention
MIMEsweeper solutions have traditionally been used by companies wishing to control the content of outgoing e-mails. This new version sees the introduction of yet more features designed to help enterprises deal with their ever increasing Data Loss Prevention concerns. MIMEsweeper for SMTP is now able to deconstruct and selectively inspect document properties (metadata), along with their headers, footers and body-text for pre-defined keywords or phrases. For example, companies will now be able to choose to block any document containing the words “Company Confidential” in the footer, and only allow documents stating “Approved Template” in the metadata properties, to leave the network. The MIMEsweeper for SMTP content engine now also recognises data such as PCI (credit card) and PII (National Insurance) and hundreds of other forms of protected document tags, including watermarks.
Richard Turner, CEO at Clearswift, commented: “The issue of data loss prevention is rising up the CIO’s agenda and the enhancements to MIMEsweeper for SMTP reflect this trend. With this latest version, we are providing a robust and scalable solution, which is ideally suited to large enterprises with complex policy requirements, and yet cost effective and quick to implement.”
Lexical analysis has been expanded specifically for DLP and combined with pre-canned PCI and PII settings, preventing employees from uploading or sending documents containing credit card numbers. These advanced features can also be used to stop information such as social security numbers, patient identifiers or other personal identifiers from leaking out of the company. This is particularly important for businesses concerned with compliance with HIPAA, SEC, SOX and GLBA regulations.
System Management Enhancements
Clearswift has also added several features that will benefit large organisations running complex environments. Customer feedback has led to the introduction of a multi-domain management feature, which will support customers running thousands of users across multiple domains, as well as those organisations undergoing mergers or acquisitions.
Clearswift recognises the ever-increasing diversity of companies’ user bases, particularly across large enterprises, and so extended the localisation of the Personal Message Manager (PMM) interface to support eight new languages (Swedish, Russian, Polish, Slovenian, Czech, Greek, Dutch and Danish) in addition to English, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Traditional Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish.
About MIMEsweeper for SMTP
MIMEsweeper for SMTP 5.3 key new features:
New media types supported
- Microsoft Office 2007 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- OpenOffice – Writer, Calc, Impress
- tection of ALSI, NEC Infocage and PointSec encrypted file types
- Multimedia – Flash, Google video, Ogg Vorbis, 3GP, FLAC, Monkeys audio
- Images – IGES Initial Graphics Exchange Specification and DWF Autodesk AutoCAD
Data leak prevention
- Lexical templates for PCI Credit Card numbers
- PII (Personal Identifiable Information)
- Increased performance for multiple item and regular expression searches
- Pre-defined HIPAA, SEC and SOX lists
- Selectable scanning of headers, footers and bodies
- Restrict operators to view one or more domains and no others in multi-domain environments – supports up to 1200 domains on a single configuration and extends to Message Area Management and Reporting functions
- Deeper integration of Edge Server into the Message Center and System Health
- PMM support for Public Folders and Windows Groups
- Increased language localisation adding Swedish, Russian, Polish, Slovenian, Czech, Greek, Dutch and Danish
- EXCHANGEmanager interceptors to support Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Windows SQL authentication support
- Compatibility with Windows Server 2008
- Client tools compatibility with Vista Business Edition
Clearswift helps organizations of all sizes conduct business safely over the Internet.
Our policy-based content filtering and security solutions block bad content such as spam, viruses, malware, spyware and pornography; protect sensitive information by preventing leaks; and prevent time-wasting and abuse by controlling inappropriate use of the Web and social media while eliminating exposure to offensive content.
Clearswift makes it easy to deploy, manage and maintain no-compromise e-mail and Web security across all gateways and in all directions. And our EAL4 accredited military and government solutions protect some of the world’s most security-sensitive organizations.
Our technology reflects twenty years of experience across more than 17,000 organizations with a pedigree based upon granular policy management; easy administration; and the ability to combine best-of-breed security tools into powerful, no-compromise defenses.
Clearswift customers use the Internet with confidence.