NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2008/07/03 - RNCOS has recently added a new Market Research Report titled, "Booming Retail Sector in India" to its report gallery. The research report helps the client to analyze the opportunities and factors that will make the Indian retail industry a success.
India is one of the most attractive destinations for retailers from all across the globe. Thanks to the entry of corporate, changing consumer behavior & lifestyle, increasing influence of western culture and rising income, the Indian retail industry has seen phenomenal growth in the last five years (2001-2006) and organized retailing has finally emerged from the shadows of unorganized retailing and is contributing significantly to the growth of the overall retail sector.
- Organized retail market in India is expected to reach US$ 50 Billion mark by 2011
- Number of shopping malls is expected to increase at a CAGR of more than 18.9% from 2007 to 2015
- Rural market is projected to dominate the retail industry landscape in India by 2012 with total market share of above 50%
- Organized retailing of mobile handset and accessories is expected to reach close to Rs. 5000 Crore by 2010
- Driven by the expanding retail market, third party logistic market is forecasted to reach US$ 20 Billion by 2011
- Apparel, along with food and grocery, will lead the organized retailing in India.
Key Issues Analyzed
- What is the market size and scope of the retail industry in India?
- What are the current market trends?
- What are the growth prospects and issues related to the industry?
- What is the segment-wise size of the organized market and what are the growth prospects of the market?
- What are the opportunities and challenges faced by the industry?
- Who are the major players in the Indian retail industry and what are the latest developments?
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key players currently operating in the Indian retail industry, including Subhiksha, Reliance Retail Ltd, Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd., etc.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting and cause and effect analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.