NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2008/06/24 - Mar-Kov Computer Systems' Recipe Manager performs formulations, process specification, costing, and many other functions, and is already deployed at leading Pharmaceutical and Cosmetics Manufacturers.
Mar-Kov Computer Systems, a leading provider of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Software, announced today that it is releasing Recipe Manager Express, a free single-user version of its formulations software, Recipe Manager.
Recipe Manager is one of the premiere formulation solutions on the market, with the ability to create, cost, maintain, and modify complex formulations quickly and easily.
Recipe Manager enables users to formulate products to individual customer specifications and generate batch sheets.
One of the major advantages of Recipe Manager is its ability to maintain a library of generic process steps. This results in standardized recipe formats even when many formulators are working independently.
Recipe Manager also integrates with Mar-Kov’s Manufacturing Execution System, where users are prompted and policed during recipe execution to ensure quality and eliminate batching errors. Prompt and police including electronic signatures can even take place for process steps meaning that when integrated with Mar-Kov’s Manufacturing Execution System, users can create complete Electronic Batch Records (EBR), making paper batch documents a thing of the past.
Mar-Kov Recipe Manager has everything that you would expect from state-of-the-art formulations software. Here are some of its key features:
• Secure audit trail of all formulation development;
• Define and enforce corporate standards for product and process specification;
• Speed product development by visually constructing recipes, complete with process instructions and testing specifications;
• Speed up and enhance the consistency of recipe creation by using a library of predefined equipment and process definitions (an unlimited number of user-created definitions may be added);
• Scales recipes as required;
• Work in Weight mode or Percent mode;
• Aggregates costs and components based on ingredient definitions;
• Verifies that different parts of a recipe are consistent with each other. For example, it makes sure that all ingredients defined in the formulation are used in the process
• Eliminates errors commonly found in manually generated recipes;
• Automatically generates Process Specifications and customizable Batch Records.
Mar-Kov’s systems are compliant with FDA 21 CFR part 11 regulations for pharmaceutical manufacturers.
About Mar-Kov Computer Systems
In business for over 25 years, Mar-Kov Computer Systems (mar-kov.com) provides process manufacturing industries with advanced MES solutions to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
Mar-Kov CMS is designed for heavily regulated industries, greatly simplifying cGMP compliance with features such as chemical inventory control with container and lot traceability, direct scale integration, electronic batch recording, in-process testing and configurable sign-offs.
Mar-Kov also develops custom solutions for clients. One of Mar-Kov’s major strengths is its ability to design and build custom modifications or complete applications to deliver targeted solutions for specific customer requirements.
Mar-Kov customers include Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi-Aventis, Actavis, Bedoukian Research, Chanel, and Cosmetic Essence.