ADAOX Middle East, the regional business development centre of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, today announced the launch of ESET Mobile Antivirus, a new security solution for mobile devices. This lightweight anti-malware software takes the ESET’s state-of-the-art ThreatSense® heuristic technology, a form of advanced proactive detection, and optimizes it for the mobile platform.
“Widespread mobile attacks are inevitable in the near future and yet it is likely that these first attacks will be hard to find before they’ve done their damage,” said Brian Burke, program director, Security Products, IDC. “Companies like ESET who are effectively applying their proactive protection to the mobile platform are most readily-equipped to identify and prevent the risks that will slip by most signature-based AV solutions.”
One of the biggest challenges for mobile security is the limited memory, processing and bandwidth capabilities inherent with a small platform. Traditional antivirus approaches, with large and frequent signature updates, cannot be successfully applied to a mobile environment without significantly impacting the phone’s performance.
Available now in Beta for Windows Mobile users, ESET Mobile Antivirus with ThreatSense is able to proactively detect the most sophisticated mobile malware attacks while delivering the same highly-effective, non-intrusive experience on handsets as on PC platforms.
ESET Mobile Antivirus features and benefits include:
- Heuristic threat detection – Based on ESET’s heuristic engine, ThreatSense, ESET’s mobile antivirus is optimized for the mobile platform and provides real-time protection against existing and future threats.
- On-demand Scanning – Contains scanning and cleaning of integrated and exchangeable memory media, and a full memory/running processes scan. Specific folder scanning is included and results are displayed after a scan.
- Advanced On-access Scanning – Scans all created/used files with enhanced virus detection capabilities at access time. Mobile antivirus scans incoming files via wireless connections as well (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Infrared).
- Activity Log – Stores statistics about accomplished scanning tasks and latest database status in a user-friendly format. A variable range of scan results-history is included.
- Variable In-depth Scanning of Cab Files – Enables users to set the level of cab files scanning to the preferred extent.
- Automatic/On-demand Updates – Ensures up-to-date protection against all threat types. Users can schedule updates on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Daily updates are set by default, and users are also allowed to switch-off automatic updates if they prefer.
- Intuitive User Interface – Users experience is enhanced by easy-to-set dialogs and intuitive menu.
- Compact updates – ESET’s update files are typically a fraction of the size of solutions that are more dependent upon signatures, consuming less bandwidth to the mobile device (this benefits carriers and users).
“Our research indicates that consumers and businesses are looking for a solution that will combat the imminent problem of mobile malware with maximum protection, minimal performance impact and small daily updates,” said Anton Zajac, CEO of ESET, LLC. “With more and more users requiring mobile devices to send sensitive e-mail and SMS messages, we set out to build the optimal solution for mobile users—an intelligent mobile solution that offers the same level of protection they’ve come to expected from ESET.”
“We are happy to launch ESET’s Mobile Antivirus in the Middle East region,” said Neo Neophytou, Managing Director at ADAOX Middle East. “With its small footprint, efficient use of processing power, and compact update files, ESET Mobile Antivirus is an effective solution for mobile platforms which have significant memory, processing and bandwidth constraints. We are confident that this mobile antivirus solution will offer our customers the same exceptional level of proactive protection that ESET’s award-winning NOD32 antivirus solution offers,” he concluded.
ESET Mobile Antivirus is currently in Beta and available for free. General availability is expected later this year.
ESET solutions are built on ESET’s one-of-a-kind ThreatSense technology. This advanced heuristics engine enables proactive detection of malware not covered by even the most frequently updated signature-based products by decoding and analyzing executable code in real time, using an emulated environment. By allowing malware to execute in a secure virtual world, ESET is able to clearly differentiate between benign files and even the most sophisticated and cleverly-disguised malware.
ESET develops software solutions that deliver instant, comprehensive protection against evolving computer security threats. ESET pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. Over the past 20 years, ESET’s NOD32 Antivirus has consistently achieved the highest accolades in all types of comparative testing. ESET’s flagship product, ESET NOD32 Antivirus, is the foundational product that builds out the ESET product line to include ESET Smart Security. ESET Smart Security is an integrated antivirus, antispyware, antispam and personal firewall solution that combines accuracy, speed and an extremely small system footprint to create the most effective security solution in the industry. Both products have an extremely efficient code base that eliminates the unnecessary large size found in some solutions. This means faster scanning that doesn’t slow down computers or networks. Sold in more than 110 countries, ESET has worldwide production headquarters in Bratislava, SK and worldwide distribution headquarters in San Diego, U.S. ESET also has offices in Bristol, U.K.; Buenos Aires, AR; Prague, CZ; and is globally represented by an extensive partner network.
ADAOX is the regional business development and support center for ESET's range of security products including the award-winning ESET NOD32 and ESET Smart Security. ADAOX, today, is a leading Value Added Distributor which provides IT Security Solutions and Services to customers across the Balkans and the Middle East regions. ADAOX enables customers protect, store and manage their valuable data; and works closely with its Channel Partners to empower them by extending technical expertise, support and training to develop their overall capabilities.
With offices in Cyprus, Greece and the United Arab Emirates, ADAOX specializes in value added distribution and support of IT Security Solutions in the areas of Malware Protection, Disaster Recovery, Web Filtering, Internet Bandwidth Optimization, Unified Threat Management, Antispam and Intrusion Detection & Prevention. ADAOX is committed to ensuring customer satisfaction by offering its partners and customers quick response to all their queries and the best prices in the market.
For further details, please call +97143754052.