NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Mountain View, CA, United States, 2008/06/17 - SumTotal® Systems the market leader and global provider of talent development solutions, today unveiled new features from the upcoming release of ToolBook® version 9.5 at TBCON 2008, a global ToolBook user conference. NASDAQ: SUMT
SumTotal® Systems, Inc., the market leader and global provider of talent development solutions, today unveiled new features from the upcoming release of ToolBook® version 9.5 at TBCON 2008, a global ToolBook user conference. As part of the SumTotal unified talent development suite, users will have access to all the critical components companies need to strategically leverage talent within their organization including support for iPhone, Microsoft PowerPoint integration and XML support.
With ToolBook 9.5's Apple iPhone support, mobile professionals can now access learning when and where they need it, resulting in increased learning and improved business results. ToolBook 9.5 Microsoft PowerPoint import and XML support enables corporations to dramatically lower the cost of creating content resulting in increased ROI for their learning initiatives. Scheduled to ship in the third quarter of 2008, customers can expect:
• Advances in SumTotal’s Anytime, Anywhere architecture through new ability for users to access content on Apple iPhone and iPod Touch;
• New support for learners to use Safari Web browser on an Apple Mac;
• New voice narration feature to quickly add voice overs to learning content;
• Ability to easily reuse exiting content with new Microsoft PowerPoint import functionality;
• New XML import to leverage content from external sources such as databases, legacy content, Microsoft Office and other information sources;
• Advancements to graphics capabilities with new PNG image;
• New automatic course certificate capabilities, along with other feature additions.
More information, demos and best practices can be found at ToolBook website.
With powerful and best-in-class capabilities, the intuitive user-centric interface of the SumTotal solutions makes tasks and reporting easy and simple. Supported by the innovative Anytime, Anywhere Access capabilities and a unique integration framework, the SumTotal Talent Development Suite provides a platform for informal, as well as formal, learning and collaboration, giving the user access to knowledge and experts at anytime.
“Our investment in innovation is leading to unique talent development solutions that are focused on customer success” says Sanjay Dholakia, senior vice president and general manager, Learning and Talent Management business unit at SumTotal, “With this release, we provide organizations with a unique way to reach and develop their workforce. We provide simple, but powerful capabilities that get information to users on the device, and at the point in the business process, that is most relevant and effective.