It rationally examines the emerging trends in the worldwide biofuel industry and provides exclusive forecasts and region-wise snapshots of different product categories across the world, with their future markets. It also gives an overview on the development of new technologies and biofuel plants (online and/or under-construction during 2007 and 2008).
Decreasing oil production from almost all the oil reserves, rising energy consumption and environmental issues are attracting the world towards renewable energy sources.
The future of biofuel industry looks promising, especially as the local governments are taking initiatives to promote alternative fuel to meet the targets; e.g., the US pledged to nearly double ethanol production by 2012, and the European Community recently announced that biofuel will meet 10% of their transportation fuel needs by 2020.
- The value of world biofuel market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 12.3% from 2007 to 2017.
- Global ethanol market (production) is expected to reach around 27,000 Million Gallon by the end of 2014.
- Global biodiesel industry is projected to grow and touch around 3,900 Million Gallon by 2014.
- US ethanol production is expected to dominate the global market; however, increased corn prices will be a matter of concern for ethanol production in future.
- Brazil is the second largest ethanol producer in the world and it is expected that the production level will move ahead at a CAGR of just over 6.5% during 2008-2017.
Key Issues and Facts Analyzed
- Major market trends in the global biofuel industry.
- Current cost analysis of biofuel.
- Variations among the regional markets on the basis of their policies and trends.
- Driving factors for the biofuel market worldwide.
- Various government support programs and major biofuel projects.
- Opportunities for biofuel in the global market.
Key Markets Analyzed
This section covers the main products like Biodiesel, Ethanol and the feedstock for these products in different regions, including Australia, China, Thailand, Brazil, Canada, the US, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Argentina, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia and the UK.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring of industry news and developments, and access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Methods like ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis have been used in the report for objective analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.