RNCOS has recently added a new Market Research Report titled, "European Mobile Market Scenario to 2012" to its report gallery. The report is an extensively researched objective analysis on the growing marketplace for mobile handset industry in the Europe by RNCOS. The report discusses the impact of technology on the mobile market and anticipates the future direction of key segments of the market.
This report will help the clients to analyze the leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of the growing mobile handset market in Europe. The analysis given in the report is supplemented with the statistical facts and helps handset manufacturers, service providers, and investors navigate the evolving market of mobile handsets in Europe.
This section covers the industry background, overview and number of operators in each region of the European mobile device and handset market. The report covers Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Turkey, the UK, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Russia, Spain and Ukraine.
The European mobile market, despite saturation (most of the region’s markets had exceeded 100% penetration at the end of 2007), continues to grow. Data ARPU has been resilient despite promotions lowering the price of SMS services, which alone can account for up to 90% of total data revenue. Operators have successfully focused on migrating subscribers to 3G, while GSM growth has been flat or minimal, though until flat-rate data plans become common, the expensive 3G services will remain under-used.
- The total mobile subscription in Europe reached 753.5 Million by the end of December 2007 at a CAGR of nearly 17.6% during the period 2002-2007.
- In terms of subscriber base, the largest market in Europe is Russia with a share of 22%. In comparison, Ireland forms the smallest market with approx 0.7% share in 2006.
- Total mobile subscribers in the European region are expected to increase at a CAGR of around 2.35% during 2008-2012.
- Mobile collaboration is emerging as a big time phenomenon in Europe, thus driving the mobile industry of the region.
Key Issues & Facts
- What are the main factors that are driving the mobile market in the European region?
- What are the recent trends and developments in the mobile industry in Europe?
- What is the mobile subscriber penetration rate in Europe?
- How value-added services are driving the mobile phone market?
- What is the country-wise mobile subscriber base in Europe?
- What are the future growth prospects and opportunities for the mobile industry in Europe?
Forecast & Analysis
The report gives an idea of the competitive landscape of the mobile industry through a detailed market sizing and forecast on the mobile handset market. The most optimistic and pessimistic approach of the market analysis helps the manufacturers and service providers to anticipate the future scenario of the European mobile market.
This section provides an overview of the facts and financials of key competitors, including mobile handset manufacturers like Nokia OYJ, Motorola, Inc, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, Siemens AG, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Ericsson Inc, BenQ Corporation, Alcatel-Lucent; and mobile phone service providers like Vodafone, Orange PLC, SONOFON Holding A/S, E-Plus Mobilfunk GmbH & Co. KG, TeliaSonera AB, and Elisa Corporation, among others.
Research Methodology Used
The information has been sourced from authentic and reliable sources like books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Methods like ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis have been used in the report for prudent analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.