Derwent designed and developed the AEGIS range (AEGIS meaning "protected by") in response to customer feedback. Combining innovations in lighting technology and product design, AEGIS is a truly unique product which answers long standing performance related issues identified by the security industry.
Featuring (patent pending) Constant Light™ technology, AEGIS illuminators automatically control and adjust light output to compensate for LED degradation over time, a problem common with all other LED based illuminators. An issue identified by security consultants, specifiers and end users alike, LED degradation results in poor light output, reduced image quality and reduced illumination range.
Offering unrivalled Even Illumination on scene, all AEGIS illuminators feature on board power regulation and control which means the unit can be powered direct from a 12/24 V AC/DC power supply and often without the need for a separate PSU, enabling quicker, easier and more aesthetically pleasing installations. Reduced power consumption makes for lower running costs for the end user and a more environmentally friendly lighting solution.
By introducing a 940nm version of its best selling AEGIS infrared illuminator Derwent are able to offer a high performance solution for critical security applications requiring covert night-time surveillance such as rail and road safety installations.
The AEGIS White Light illuminator is designed to deliver High-Fidelity™ accurate colour rendition when used with colour and day/night and cameras, the unit has already found applications like container number recognition and car classification.
The AEGIS range was showcased by Derwent at this year's IFSEC exhibition at Birmingham.
Derwent Systems is a member of the Bosch Group. The company is engineering-led and offer exceptionally robust weatherproof CCTV solutions, field-proven in some of the harshest environments in the world. Derwent manufactures industry-leading infrared and white light security lighting and licence plate capture solutions.
• Defence: Army, Navy, RAF, NATO
• High Security: Police HQ's, Embassies, Airports, Critical Infrastructures, Government Buildings
• Hostile Environments: problem housing estates, high crime areas
• Extreme Environments: coastal surveillance, wet and rainy outdoor surveillance, corrosive environments
• Marine Environments: Ports, Seafronts, Harbours
• Architectural: National Heritage Buildings, Modern Architecture, International Landmarks, Residential, Commercial
• Traditional CCTV: Town Centres, Car Parks, Traffic and Highways Monitoring, Shopping Centres, Schools
• Prestigious developments: museums, visitor centres, science parks, heritage town centres
• Rapid Deployment: Police Vehicles, Building Site Security, Perimeter Security
• ITS: Traffic Monitoring, Congestion Charging, Traffic and Highways Monitoring, Average Speed Enforcement - Temporary and Fixed Installations, Access Control
• System Upgrades for 24/7 Operability and replacing traditional CCTV cameras