NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom, 2006/02/09 - Open Mind, the UK’s largest distributor of learning resources to help organisations develop their people, is stressing the value of business books to mark World Book Day on 2nd March..
Open Mind is also offering discounts on carefully selected business books purchased for use on that day.
According to Alun Harvey, of Open Mind, which is frequently referred to by customers as the ‘Trainers’ Toyshop’: “In these days of the internet, Google and online learning, people are still turning to books to learn what they need to learn.
“The most popular learning resources with our customers continue to be books. They are easily portable, allow easy reference and – like their high-tech learning counterparts – enable users random access to information that is ‘just enough’, ‘just-in-time’ and relevant,” he added.
Among the current most popular business books with Open Mind’s customers are:
• ‘The Big Book of Me: Become Your Own Life Coach’ - handle stress and balance the positive and negative areas in your life (£12.99)
• ‘The 24-Carrot Manager’ and ‘A Carrot A Day’ - two books of innovative motivational ideas (£15.98)
• ‘How To Do A Great Job AND Go Home On Time’ - achieving the work/life balance (£9.99)
• ‘Positive Thinking, Positive Action’ – stressing that an optimistic mind can open up a world of opportunity (£7.99)
• ‘Sack your boss’ – offering ways to help readers become successful at setting up their own business (£12.99)
• ‘Fish! For Life’ - use the ‘Fish!’ philosophy to improve personal and family relationships (£5.99)
• ‘The Manager’s Toolbox’ – instant help with meetings, customers, managing people and much more (£14.95)
• The ‘Management Pocketbooks’ series – 84 titles with the latest ones covering NLP and Positive Mental Attitude (at an exclusive price to Open Mind of £595)
About Open Mind
Formed in 1991, Open Mind distributes and develops resources to help organisations to develop their people. As such, it provides customers with broad access to over 10,000 learning resources in all forms of delivery media and is frequently referred to by customers as the ‘Trainers’ Toyshop’.
These resources include:
• CD-ROMs & DVDs
• Online learning
• Audio tapes & CDs
• Games & activities
Topics covered include:
• Information technology
Open Mind also offers:
• Free independent advice on
• Selecting from over 10,000 titles from 100 publishers - in all media – on any business topic
• Selecting appropriate resources to fit clients’ budgets
• A free Preview Centre facility
• Practical help with establishing – or re-launching - managing and marketing a Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
• The STAR intranet-based Learning Centre Management System to manage LRCs
• An online directory of resources, allowing users to search and view on-screen details of over 5,500 titles on 200 topics from more than 100 publishers – and purchase securely online.
Further information from:
Alun Harvey, Open Mind, 01491 411061