NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Basel, Switzerland, 2008/05/06 - Genedata, a leading provider of solutions for computational biology, announced the release of Genedata Expressionist version 5.0, its enterprise high-throughput biomarker discovery platform.
Identifying and validating biomarkers with the highest degree of confidence has become key for drug safety and efficacy prediction in preclinical development. Doing this effectively necessitates the seamless integration of transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics and clinical chemistry data.
Supporting a wide array of omics technologies, Genedata Expressionist 5.0 easily handles the ever-increasing throughput, size and complexity of datasets to perform truly integrated analysis. The new release provides significantly enhanced data processing and management features for quantitative and qualitative biomarker development:
• Increased accuracy in classification analysis through the use of ROC curves, k-fold cross validation and a host of other new tools;
• Enhanced cross-omics analysis with ExpressMap™ for cross-validation of expression data from different platforms or comparison of treatment effects in different samples;
• Improved analysis of ontology relationships through a Gene Ontology browser;
• Deeper understanding of relationships between individual groups of genes, proteins or metabolites through the use of correlation networks;
• Enhanced PDF reports including new intuitive visualization features;
• Support for most recent Affymetrix GeneChip® exon arrays.
Dr. Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata, said, “As life science research faces data sets of steadily growing size and complexity, we are proud to rise to the challenge with the new version of our Expressionist enterprise software platform. Driven by the innovative interaction with our customers in developing new integrative, workflow-based data processing features, Expressionist 5.0 exceeds in performance as well as in sophistication.”
Genedata (genedata.com) specializes in software and professional services for pharmaceuticals, biotech and related life sciences. The Company offers expertise in research informatics combined with open and scalable computational solutions. Our solutions include Genedata Phylosopher® for integrating, structuring, and analyzing research data; Genedata Screener® for high throughput screening analysis; and Genedata Expressionist® for omics data integration, processing and analysis. Founded in 1997, Genedata is privately held, with headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, and subsidiaries in Tokyo (Japan), Munich (Germany), Konstanz (Germany), Boston (USA) and San Francisco (USA).