Derwent Systems are delighted to receive nominations in two separate categories at this year's IFSEC Security Awards.
Following on from Derwent's success at the North East Business Awards where its AEGIS Intelligent-IR illuminator won both the Product Innovation and Technology categories, the company is celebrating again with the news that AEGIS has made it to the last six in the prestigious CCTV Product of the Year Award.
Derwent also joins select nominees in the Access Control Product of the Year Award with REG-SENTRY™, the company's first automated vehicle access control system based on its field proven REG™ range of licence plate capture cameras.
MD Peter Beare said, "I am delighted that the hard work and commitment of the whole team here at Derwent is being recognised and rewarded".
Derwent joins Bosch who recently acquired the company on the finalists' list. Bosch Security Systems are up for the Intruder Alarm Product of the Year award.
Speaking on behalf of the judges, Alex Carmichael, Technical Director at the BSIA said that "Year on year the finalists and winners show that security companies are constantly raising the bar when it comes to their products and that innovation is at the very heart of our industry."
The awards will be handed out on 12th May, following the opening day at IFSEC 2008.
Press enquiries, photos, interviews, case studies and articles, please contact Penny Haywood at PHPR Ltd or Tel: 0131 669 5190. Mobile 07850 657 714. Sales contact number +44 (0) 1670 730187
Derwent Systems is a member of the Bosch Group. The company is engineering-led and offer exceptionally robust weatherproof CCTV solutions, field-proven in some of the harshest environments in the world. Derwent manufactures industry-leading infrared and white light security lighting and licence plate capture solutions.
• Defence: Army, Navy, RAF, NATO
• High Security: Police HQ's, Embassies, Airports, Critical Infrastructures, Government Buildings
• Hostile Environments: problem housing estates, high crime areas
• Extreme Environments: coastal surveillance, wet and rainy outdoor surveillance, corrosive environments
• Marine Environments: Ports, Seafronts, Harbours,
• Architectural: National Heritage Buildings, Modern Architecture, International Landmarks, Residential, Commercial
• Traditional CCTV: Town Centres, Car Parks, Traffic and Highways Monitoring, Shopping Centres, Schools
• Prestigious developments: museums, visitor centres, science parks, heritage town centres
• Rapid Deployment: Police Vehicles, Building Site Security, Perimeter Security
• ITS: Traffic Monitoring, Congestion Charging, Traffic and Highways Monitoring, Average Speed Enforcement - Temporary and Fixed Installations, Access Control
• System Upgrades for 24/7 Operability and replacing traditional CCTV cameras