NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
San Francisco, CA, United States, 2008/04/18 - Annuvia's global AED oversight program manages all AED equipment types with advanced online tools, training, and documentation to protect companies against lawsuits.
As the number of organizations introducing AED’s to prepare for medical emergencies grows, so too are the number of lawsuits against organizations that do not follow proper AED maintenance.
To meet the increasing demands of proper AED program management, Annuvia has launched an enhanced full-service AED Oversight Program for all defibrillator models.
Annuvia combines years of specialized healthcare and emergency response knowledge with a simple AED management solution for HR departments and organizations.
“Our responsibility is to assist clients in achieving a fully legally compliant AED program to protect them from unnecessary liability or negligence claims. When organizations can prove that they have been properly maintaining and testing their AED, they will likely be protected even in the unfortunate event of an AED malfunction,” says Rebecca Spector, Client Services at Annuvia.com
Businesses and organizations with AED’s are required to adhere to a list of compliances:
• Have an AED prescription
• Register the AED with the local Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
• Have a licensed physician sign off on and approve the AED program
• Have at least one individual trained in CPR/AED onsite at all times
• Complete a specific post-even review if the AED is used
• Perform monthly maintenance and record-keeping on the AED.
Annuvia’s AED Oversight Program combines the latest Internet technology with its highly regulated program to help its clients comply with AED regulations.
Services included in Annuvia’s AED Oversight Program include:
• AED prescription
• An AED maintenance plan for designed in accordance to their state and country’s guidelines
• Registration of the AED programs with the client’s local EMS
• Policies and Procedures Manual
• A physician to sign off on their program
• Automatic email reminders for conducting readiness checks
• Automatic email alerts when time to replace pads, batteries, and renew training.
Annuvia’s AED Oversight Program clients also have access to an online management system including:
• Detailed information about their AED including location, pad expiration dates, battery expiration dates, and training expiration dates
• A list of all organization members trained in CPR or first aid
• Online documentation and reporting of mandatory monthly readiness checks.
Annuvia provides businesses and other organizations with customized safety, emergency response, and health/wellness solutions designed by healthcare and emergency response professionals. These programs help companies save money and lives. In a socially vital and rapidly growing industry, Annuvia’s Comprehensive Safety Solutions offer an innovative and higher-quality one-stop-shopping approach to safety, wellness, and emergency response.