The annual Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecoms Awards has been a platform that recognises and honours outstanding performers and achievers in the telecommunications/ICT industry in Malaysia. Over the years, it has attracted Malaysia’s leading local telecommunication service providers and vendors to compete for the much coveted titles.
This year is no different as companies like TM, DiGi, Maxis, Celcom, Nortel Networks and such defend their titles at the 2008 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecoms Awards banquet to be held on Friday, 9 May 2008, at the Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur.
“Malaysia’s ICT industry has had a great year with good growth in top-line and improvement in the bottom-line for most of the players in 2007. The 2008 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecoms Awards will recognize the best-in-class performance of the companies that have contributed to the dynamic ICT industry in Malaysia,” says Nitin Bhat, Asia-Pacific vice president, ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan.
The awards have grown in prestige among the telecommunications/ICT community in Malaysia and continue to attract many local and global vendors and operators. Nominations are made solely by a team of Frost & Sullivan experts based on the companies’ actual market performance indicators. This include growth in revenues, market share and growth in market share, leadership in product innovation, breadth of products and solutions, major customer acquisitions, subscriber and subscriber growth, ARPU (average revenue per user) and growth in ARPU, data strategy and next-generation service strategy.
The short-listing along with a detailed evaluation of the nominees are presented to a panel of judges who decide on the recipients for the contested titles.
This year the 16 titles that both homegrown and multinational organisations will be competing for are:
Service Provider Categories
Best of the Best
• Contact Center Applications Vendor of the Year
• Enterprise Telephony Vendor of the Year
• Network Security Vendor of the Year
• Telecoms Equipment Vendor of the Year
• Alternative Voice Service Provider of the Year
• Broadband Service Provider of the Year
• Contact Center Service Provider of the Year
• Data Communications Service Provider of the Year
• Managed Security Service Provider of the Year
• Mobile Content Developer of the Year
• Mobile Data Service Provider of the Year
• Mobile Service Provider of the Year
• Most Innovative Application/ Product of the Year
• Most Promising Service Provider of the Year
• Service Provider of the Year
• Most Promising Malaysian ICT Vendor of the Year
The panel of judges comprises the following influential personalities and leaders in Malaysia’s telecommunications industry.
1. Nitin Bhat – Vice President, ICT Practice, Asia-Pacific, Frost & Sullivan
2. Vino Nair - Editor, Business Today
3. Azizi Hadi – General Manager of Technology and Innovation, Malaysia Business, TM
4. Azwan Khan Osman Khan – Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Development, Celcom
5. Kenneth Chang – Executive Director, U Mobile
6. Kjersti Wiklund – Chief Technology Officer, DiGi
7. Lau Bik Soon – Chief Executive Officer, REDtone Telecommunications
8. Tan Eng Suan - Senior Vice President and Head of New Business Development, Time dotCom
9. Kugan Thirunavakarasu – General Manager/Head of Product & Infotainment Business, Maxis
10. Bernard Chiang – General Manager, Channels and Enterprise Business, Nortel Networks Malaysia
11. Bill Chang – Country Director, Nokia Siemens Networks Malaysia
12. Li Feng – Country Director, Huawei Technologies
13. Kumaran Singaram – Managing Director, Cisco Systems Malaysia
14. Mohd Asri Hassan Sabri – Country President, Motorola Malaysia
15. Pierre Cheyron - Country Senior Officer/Managing Director, Alcatel-Lucent Malaysia
16. Zamani Zakariah – Head of MyICMS, Technology and Standards Division, Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
The 2008 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecoms Awards is an initiative supported by MSC Malaysia. Business Today is the official media partner. To attend the awards, please register at telecomsawards.com.my
About the Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecoms Awards
The Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Telecoms Awards is held annually to recognize outstanding performance and industry achievements by companies in the field of telecommunications, and information and communications technology (ICT) in Malaysia. The awards are presented to companies that demonstrate best practices in their industry, commending the diligence, commitment, and innovative business strategies required to advance in the global marketplace. Benchmarked against the highest standards of measurement criteria, the recipients of these awards indeed represent the best-in-class in Malaysia.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Global Growth Consulting Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's Growth Partnership Services, Growth Consulting and Career Best Practices empower clients to create a growth focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.