NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Long Beach, NY, United States, 2008/04/11 - BiCOM Inc. presents its unparalleled Trans-palpebral and Tras-scleral tonometer Diaton to International Vision Expo East 2008, on April 11th – 13th, hosted by the city of New York.
BiCOM Inc. presents its unparalleled Trans-palpebral and Tras-scleral tonometer Diaton to International Vision Expo East 2008, on April 11th – 13th, hosted by the city of New York. With FDA approval, CE MARK and now Health Canada approval opens many doors for BiCOM Inc., a global distributor of Diaton tonometers.
Diaton Tonometry is a revolutionary approach to measuring intraocular pressure (IOP) THROUGH THE EYELID - no contact with the cornea, no anesthesia or sterilization is required. BiCOM's pen-like, hand-held, portable device is perfect for measuring eye pressure and helps ophthalmologists and optometrists in diagnosis and prevention of blindness caused by glaucoma. This ophthalmic device is irreplaceable for mass glaucoma screenings. Diaton Tonometer is intended for use by Inpatient & Outpatient Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Nursing & Elderly Homes, General & Specialty Practitioners as well as Ophthalmologists and Optometrists.
Tonometer Diaton is the solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
• mass prophylactic screening of patients;
• IOP control during clinical observation of glaucoma patients;
• ortoclinostatical probe, as an additional test to diagnose glaucoma and during select the adequate hypotensive therapy;
• ophthalmotone monitoring (even at night time);
• IOP measuring during contact correction (lenses are not taken out),
• IOP measuring in immobilized patients;
• IOP measuring in children.
• on patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, cornea pathology, including keratitis, keratotone, cornea dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction of the eyesight, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism;
• on patients with medicinal allergies;
• Lasik / LASEK / PRK (recent clinical trials have proved that Diaton is the only device that can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
Diaton tonometer is a perfect device for mass screenings for glaucoma for any age group. Undiagnosed and untreated, glaucoma can cause blindness. Glaucoma is the leading cause of blindness in all age groups - from babies to senior citizens. Everyone needs to get diagnosed to preserve eyesight.
About BiCOM Inc.
BiCOM, with its 15 years of tradition and global clientele, has proven to be the enterprise of the highest level of professionalism, integrity and financial solvency. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc. the right place for global talent to find support and guidance. BiCOM Inc. sees its mission in bringing to market innovative products developed and manufactured worldwide.