Asoka USA, a leading HomePlug® powerline network solutions provider, today announced at CeBIT a comprehensive line of powerline communications (PLC) networking solutions available for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) markets and designed for carriers, cable operators, Internet providers and system integrators to provide reliable, structure-wide network access.
Asoka’s PlugLink® and PlugLAN™ products maximize the existing electrical wires of a home or building and create the network backbone for today’s digital lifestyle. Asoka’s PlugLink product line is designed specifically to provide a robust networking solution for residential markets while the PlugLAN product line is designed for in-building networking solutions in multiple dwelling units and multiple tenant units. And critical to today’s wired home, Asoka’s solutions eliminate network issues where using wireless is problematic because of network-limiting brick and mortar used in home construction.
The wide range of home networking solutions now available to the EMEA market includes:
- The PlugLink AV 9660 Ethernet Adapter (PL9660-ETH) HomePlug AV 200 Mbps Ethernet Adapter designed for quick and easy network set-up;
- The PlugLink AV 9164 Digital Power Center (PL9164-4SW), a combination of a surge protected, noise filtered, power strip and a four port Ethernet connection is ideal for office work centers, home gaming stations, and home digital media centers;
- The PlugLink AV 9560 Wireless Adapter (PL9560-WAP), an integrated HomePlug AV 200 Mbps 802.11b/g wireless access point, HomePlug push-button security and 128-bit AES encryption;
- The PlugLAN AV 8060 Performance Network Tester (PL8060-PNT) and PlugLAN 8050 Performance Network Tester (PL8050-PNT) for qualifying electrical wiring and testing;
- The entire PlugLAN commercial multi-dwelling product family creates the backbone network for data, voice and security and delivers Internet to every room, every outlet and every person.
The EMEA market is a leading market for HomePlug technology due to EMEA’s leading position in deploying IPTV solutions, as well as the brick and mortar used in home constructions that makes wireless problematic. All of these products have received the CE mark of approval, a mandatory European marking for certain product groups to indicate conformity with the essential health and safety requirements set, and have been localized with EU and UK pin-types.
“Extending our product family to the EMEA market brings new, unique powerline networking solutions from Asoka to the global marketplace,” said Dano Ybarra, Asoka CEO. “Our industry breakthrough powerline networking testing tools enable quick and reliable new installations and allow technicians to quickly identify issues with existing installations. Our innovative Digital Power Center provides the perfect solution for the digital life style, simplifying network access for devices requiring Internet access.”
CeBIT attendees can experience Asoka products in the HomePlug Pavilion, Hall 13, Stand B56.
Asoka (asokausa.com) is a leading developer of simple, secure and reliable HomePlug powerline networking products that use existing electrical wiring to deliver high-speed networking throughout a home, business or building. Asoka's innovative products are sold globally through Carriers, Operators and Systems Integrators for both residential and commercial environments. The company offers the broadest and most complete portfolio of powerline networking products available today, and boasts powerline networking technology leadership and knowledge unparalleled in the industry.
PlugLink, PlugLAN, Asoka and the Asoka logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Asoka USA Corporation.
HomePlug is a registered trademark of HomePlug Powerline Alliance.