NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Palo Alto, CA, United States, 2008/03/17 - Frost & Sullivan honored companies for demonstrating industry excellence at last week’s annual Excellence in Medical Technologies & Life Sciences Awards Banquet and Networking Sessions held in San Francisco, California at the Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf Ho.
The gala Awards event was in conjunction with Frost & Sullivan’s 13th Annual Medical Devices Executive MindXchange that took place March 9-11.
The Awards recognized companies that are predicted to encourage significant growth in their industries, have identified emerging trends before they became the standard in the marketplace, and have created advanced technologies that will catalyze medical device industries in the near future.
In his welcome speech, Frost & Sullivan’s Chairman David Frigstad stated, “These Awards bring needed recognition to the pioneers and innovators in the industry and inspire others to follow in their footsteps.”
Awarded companies included:
• Accuray Incorporated - 2008 North American Medical Devices Product of the Year Award
• AdvanDx, Inc. - 2008 North American Rapid In-Vitro Molecular Diagnostic Technology Innovation of the Year Award
• Bioptigen Inc. - 2007 North American Optical Coherence Tomography Excellence in Research Award
• Boston Scientific - 2008 North American Neurostimulation Market Share Advancement Award –AND- 2008 United States Coronary Stent Market Leadership Award
• Bristol-Myers Squibb - 2008 United States Breast Cancer Therapeutics Product Innovation of the Year Award
• Cardiocom - 2008 North American Patient Monitoring Product Innovation of the Year Award
• Cleveland Medical Devices, Inc. - 2008 North American Mobile Disorder Monitoring Product Innovation of the Year Award
• Cytori Therapeutics, Incorporated - 2008 United States Medical Device Industry Innovation & Advancement of the Year Award –AND- 2008 North American Regenerative Medicine Technology Innovation of the Year Award
• Digirad - 2008 North American Nuclear Medicine Equipment Product Line Strategy Award
• Exmocare - 2008 North American Emotion Monitoring Technology Innovation of the Year Award
• Hansen Medical - 2008 United States Image Guided Surgery and Robotic Assist Devices Product Innovation Award
• iCyt Mission Technology, Inc. - 2008 United States Flow Cytometry Emerging Technology Award
• Imaging3, Inc. - 2008 North American Medical Imaging Product Innovation of the Year Award
• Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation - 2008 North American Medical Devices Company of the Year Award
• Kai Sensors, Inc. - 2008 North American Wireless Vital Signs Monitoring Technology Innovation of the Year Award
• MedApps, Inc. - 2008 North American Wireless Point of Care Technology Innovation Award
• MetaCure - 2008 North American Neurostimulation Hot Investment Opportunity Award
• Mindray Medical International - 2008 North American Patient Monitoring Best Customer Value of the Year Award
• MIV Therapeutics, Inc. - 2008 North American Interventional Cardiology Technology Innovation Award
• Nabi Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. - 2008 United States Smoking Cessation Product Innovation of the Year Award
• NDS Surgical Imaging - 2008 North American Medical Imaging Brand Development Strategy Leadership of the Year Award
• Nihon Kohden - 2008 North American Multiparameter Patient Monitoring Equipment Market Share Advancement Award
• Philips Medical Systems - 2008 North American Multiparameter Patient Monitoring Equipment Market Leadership Award –AND- 2008 North American Radiography and Fluoroscopy Customer Value Enhancement Award
• Raymedica, LLC - 2008 United States Prosthetic Disc Nuclei Hot Investment Opportunity Award
• Siemens Medical Systems - 2008 North American C-arm Technology Innovation Award
• Signalife - 2008 North American Patient Monitoring Technology Innovation of the Year Award
• Swissray International, Inc. - 2008 North American Single Detector Digital Radiography Product Innovation of the Year Award
• X-Spine Systems, Inc. - 2008 North American Advanced Spinal Implantation Product Innovation of the Year Award
An annual event, Frost & Sullivan’s Excellence in Medical Technologies & Life Sciences Awards banquet recognizes the quality and merit of distinguished individuals and companies that deliver unparalleled insight on the industry, products and services.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
For further information on the Award banquets or recipients or for digital photos, please contact Stacie Kopecki, Stacie.kopecki[.]frost.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Consulting Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's Growth Partnership Services, Growth Consulting and Career Best Practices empower clients to create a growth-focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.