NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2008/03/11 - The story of how employee recruitment and development aided the successful re-branding of London's St Pancras International as a quality leisure destination is showcased at HRD 2008 (April 15-18 2008, London ExCel, London, UK) by Echelon Learning.
A learning design and service improvement specialist, Echelon fields a growing offer in customer service development, spanning research, design and delivery, feedback and monitoring methods.
At HRD, the company is hosting a Showcase entitled 'Full Steam Ahead at St Pancras', an actor-led demonstration exploring the interactive assessment activities used to recruit and develop employees for the St Pancras International Station on behalf of London & Continental Railways (LCR) for the Channel Tunnel Rail Link development.
In addition to being a key destination for Eurostar and UK high-speed rail services, St Pancras International - which re-opened last November after a £800m restoration - has been transformed into a major retail and leisure destination.
Mobile Learning is an innovative element of the St Pancras programme and Echelon is showing live demonstrations of mobile learning tools delivered via PDAs at the station on its Stand 914.
The Echelon offer at HRD demonstrates the scope for the professional learning design and publishing services which Echelon offers, ranging from learning delivered by PDAs to a blend of proprietary and generic content for qualification, CPD and performance support published in text and/or electronically.
Echelon clients include institutes such as the RTPI, CIPS and the IIA, business schools and universities (Ashridge, Southbank University, Westminster Kingsway College) and corporate clients including BUPA, Moat, and Vodafone.
Organised by the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD), HRD 2008 runs from April 15-18th at London ExCel, open from 0930-1700 hours.
The Echelon Showcase 'Full Steam Ahead at St Pancras' takes place on Thursday 17 April 2008, from 12:00-12:45 in the Forum Theatre.
Media contact: Peter Muir Tel +44 (0)1296 715228; Email: echelon[.]pmpr.co.uk
Sales contact: David Hill Tel +44 (0)20 8568 1500; Email: david[.]echelonl.com
About Echelon Learning Ltd
Echelon Learning is a consultancy-led publishing house that integrates electronically-delivered knowledge and learning into the development of management skills and business performance.
Echelon Consulting spearheads the company’s service with the development of new content in meeting clients’ requirements. This is usually derived from analysing employee knowledge and learning needs captured during client learning programmes.
Where appropriate, Echelon Publishing then offers this new content to a wider audience by publishing the material in generic format. This is made available in the form of easy to use ‘learning nuggets’ and is complimented with business development information licensed exclusively from one of the market’s best-known providers, Bloomsbury.
Echelon e-Learning provides the electronic systems which enable content to be published, distributed and usage tracked, and offers work-based solutions to a global audience. Echelon’s blended learning based on a bespoke site populated with material selected to support specific courses, builds knowledge prior to the event and refreshes application when back at the desk.
Echelon technologies help organisations place solutions at people’s fingertips, whether solving everyday business and work-related problems or helping gain qualifications and continued professional development.
• Has a content management system enabling informational or learning material to be developed or converted into XML so that it can be published and distributed in text and/or via the web.
• Has a learning management system to provide ready access via the web to highly structured information, which is easily searched and retrieved, and whose usage can be tracked and learning logged.
• Publishes and/or reformats content for professional bodies and commercial organisations to help students and employees maintain or develop requisite skills throughout their careers.
• Supports people from the outset of their careers in working with professional bodies to develop and deliver the learning content required by students in preparing for examination.
• Frees up the knowledge and learning contained within a business so that people have ready access to these resources in helping them to solve problems or develop their careers.
• Works with a number of blue chip organisations and professional bodies.