NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Long Beach, NY, United States, 2008/02/11 - Trans-scleral and Trans-palpebral (through the Eyelid) Diaton Tonometry now allows surgeons to determine Intra-Ocular Pressure (IOP) shortly after the surgery. The Congress and Exhibition of the 12th ESCRS Winter Meeting is held in Barcelona, Spain.
This new trans-palpebral methodology has received the Gold Medal at the International Exhibition of Innovation Research and New Technology - "Brussels Eureca" & the Gold Medal at the International Exhibition of Research and new Technology in Geneva. Portability, safety and simplicity make Tonometer Diaton ideal for a wide range of applications: for mass screening of the population, at the patient's bedside, in geriatrics homes, in children hospitals, for the military and for home use.
Digital Tonometer Diaton is intended for use by Inpatient & Outpatient Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Nursing & Elderly Homes, General & Specialty Practitioners as well as Ophthalmologists and Optometrists.
Digital Tonometer Diaton is the perfect solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
• mass prophylactic screening of patients;
• IOP control during clinical observation of glaucoma patients;
• ortoclinostatical probe, as an additional test to diagnose glaucoma and during select the adequate hypotensive therapy;
• ophthalmotone monitoring (even at night time);
• IOP measuring during contact correction (lenses are not taken out);
• IOP measuring in immobilized patients;
• IOP measuring in children;
• on patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, cornea pathology, including keratitis, keratotone, cornea dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction of the eyesight, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism;
• on patients with medicinal allergies;
• Lasik/ PRK (recent clinical trials have proved that Diaton is the only device that can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries);
BiCOM Inc. covers the full scope of customer service, which involves client training, follow ups, hotline support, sales support, etc. To obtain more information on the device, clinical comparison trials or to make a purchase, visit the official website TonometerDiaton.com, or call BiCOM at the toll free number 1-877-diatons (877.342.8667)
About BiCOM Inc.
BiCOM, with its 15 years of tradition and global clientele, has proven to be the enterprise of the highest level of professionalism, integrity and financial solvency. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc. the right place for global talent to find support and guidance.
BiCOM Inc. currently represents and supports Diaton tonometer in over 30 countries.