The Knowledge Foundation announced today that Dr. Terry Payne, Technology Development Manager with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Hydrogen, Fuel Cell & Infrastructure Technologies Program, will be the opening speaker at the 10th Small Fuel Cells conference to be held in Atlanta, GA from April 30 – May 2, 2008.
Citing the ready market for small fuel cells and their less stringent technical requirements, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has previously discussed how portable fuel cells offer the earliest market opportunities. In addition to being poised for takeoff, small fuel cells will also help catalyze other fuel cell markets by providing design innovations and manufacturing experience. This year, the DOE will provide an update on the status of PEM fuel cell development particularly for portable power, ongoing efforts to eliminate barriers, and the path being pursued.
Small Fuel Cells for Commercial & Military Applications is the primary source of information for end users, developers and manufacturers of portable power devices and will feature a special pre-conference 1-Day Symposium on building synergy between fuel cells and lithium ion batteries. The list of confirmed speakers includes:
- H. Scott Coombe, PhD, PE, U.S. Army
- Philip Cox, PhD, PolyFuel Inc.
- Aaron Crumm, PhD, Adaptive Materials Inc.
- Dave Edlund, PhD, Protonex Technology Corporation
- Allison M. Fisher, PhD, Motorola
- Tom Fuller, PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Shuji Goto, Sony Corporation
- Christopher Hebling, PhD, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems
- Erik Kjeang, PhD, Institute for Integrated Energy Systems
- Michael Krausa, PhD, Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology
- Carl Kukkonen, PhD, Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Corporation
- Hanwei Lei, PhD, Cabot Corporation
- Arumugam Manthiram, PhD, The University of Texas at Austin
- Jens Müller, PhD, SFC Smart Fuel Cell AG
- Kirt A. Page, PhD, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Terry Payne, PhD, PE, U.S. Department of Energy
- Hanna Rajantie, PhD, Johnson Matthey
- Jennifer L.M. Rupp, PhD, ETH Zurich
- Eric Simpkins, IdaTech, LLC
- Inseob Song, PhD, Samsung SDI Co, Ltd.
- Vesna Stanic, PhD, EnerFuel, Inc.
- Detlef Stolten, Dr-Ing, Jülich Forschungszentrum
- Björn Westerholm, myFC AB
- Michael Zelinsky, Ovonic Hydrogen Systems LLC
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation (knowledgefoundation.com) integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing its members with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, The Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.