Early sponsors for CONNECTIONS™ 2006 include Diamond Sponsors Accenture LLC and Myrio Corporation, a Siemens Company; Platinum Sponsors Intel Corp., Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA), and Philips; Gold Sponsors DivX, Inc. and Nortel; Reception Sponsor Hanley Wood, LLC; Silver Sponsors Allegro Software Development Corp., Digital 5, Inc., Jungo Software Technologies, Maxtor Corporation, NDS, Nero Inc., NETGEAR, and Streamload; Platinum Media Sponsor Fierce Wireless; and Platinum Supporting Organization Wi-Fi Alliance.
CONNECTIONS™ - The Digital Home Conference and Showcase, hosted by Parks Associates in partnership with CEA, is currently accepting submissions to speak at the 2006 event. Interested parties can submit to speak at CONNECTIONS™ 2006 through the Call For Papers form at connectionsconference.com. Deadline is Jan. 20, 2006. Topics include the following:
• Digital Entertainment
• Mobile Platforms & Services
• Business Challenges for Digital Home Technologies/Services
• Home Networking and Infrastructure Technology
• Home Management and Digital Health
• Broadband and IP Services
According to Parks Associates, the markets for advanced entertainment services will see tremendous growth over the next few years. By 2009, the average revenue per subscriber for video services will be $163 per month, while revenues from premium VOD (video-on-demand) downloads will total $530 million. There will also be a correlative increase the number of advanced products in households. By 2010, 47 million U.S. broadband households will have a residential gateway (RG), and nearly 10 million U.S. households will have a networked storage device.
CONNECTIONS™ will host six sessions Jan. 5 and 6 at 2006 International CES, featuring Parks Associates’ expertise in digital entertainment and advertising, home networking, and global consumer research. Each session will include a panel of expert speakers moderated by an analyst from Parks Associates, the leading market research firm for digital products and services. In addition, Parks Associates will be in the South Hall at Booth 25539 throughout CES.
“Digital technologies and services are taking a greater role in people’s lives, and 2006 will feature an unprecedented level of integration,” said Tricia Parks, CEO of Parks Associates. “At CES, we are examining targeted domains that will be significant in the next six months, a perfect complement to CONNECTIONS™ in May, which will feature expert panelists, multiple tracks on all topics significant to the digital home, and a showcase featuring an array of products and services from our sponsors.”
CONNECTIONS™ Sessions at 2006 International CES include the following:
• Fun on the Run: Portable Entertainment Devices (Thursday, January 5, 10:30-11:45 am, LVCC South Hall S106-107)
• Reaching the Unreachable Consumer: Advertising in the Digital Age (Thursday, January 5, 12:00-1:15 pm, LVCC South Hall S106-107)
• Making Media Meaningful: TV on Consumers’ Terms (Thursday, January 5, 1:30-2:45 pm, LVCC South Hall S106-107)
• Next Steps Digital: Enabling a Whole-Home Entertainment Experience (Thursday, January 5, 2:45-4 pm, LVCC South Hall S106-107)
• Making the Network Work (Friday, January 6, 10:30-11:45 am, LVCC South Hall S106-107)
• Going Global: Understanding Buyer Preferences for Digital Services (Friday, January 6, 12:00-1:15 pm, LVCC South Hall S106-107)
Now in its tenth year, CONNECTIONS - The Digital Home Conference and Showcase is produced by Parks Associates in partnership with the Consumer Electronics Association and is the largest executive conference and showcase dedicated to advanced digital lifestyle solutions for residential and mobile environments. This executive conference, hosting 800+ executives, features 80+ sponsors and 90+ speakers supporting the industry through their participation.