This was the Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards Banquet held last night, in London. It was a unique event, with some of the top market participants gathered for one night to celebrate the success both of their companies and the industries in which they play an important part. The Awards recognised companies that are predicted to encourage significant growth in their industries, have identified emerging trends before they became the standard in the marketplace, and have created advanced technologies.
The evening began with the champagne reception followed by the Awards dinner and presentations. Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Group Director, Brett Gascoine hosted the ceremony, while Frost & Sullivan’s European Director of Operations, Gary Jeffery gave the welcome address.
“I'd like to welcome tonight's Award recipients to this special event,” said Mr Jeffery. ”We are honoured to meet representatives from world class companies from a range of exciting market sectors - all of you have excelled in fast paced and dynamic environments”.
“The diversity of awards winners,” concluded Mr Jeffery “presents you all with a unique networking opportunity. I urge you to meet and interact with companies from outside your traditional value chain - I am confident that in so doing you will generate new and creative business opportunities. I hope you enjoy the evening and I wish you every success.”
From Frost & Sullivan’s headquarters in the US Chairman David Frigstad commented: “Our main aim has always been to help our clients accelerate their growth rate and improve their future growth potential. Today more than ever we work hard to develop a global perspective and a unique understanding of the market. We work with our clients to generate, evaluate and implement growth strategies and opportunities." This is a three-stage process that makes companies stronger and more powerful than ever in the global market place.
“Our research,“ continued Mr Frigstad “clearly shows that the companies with the greatest potential for future growth are those that take a global perspective, base their growth decisions on integrated research methodologies, focus on implementing best practices, and perform competitive benchmarking and strategy workshops. These Best Practice Awards help to identify who those companies are. I must say that I am proud to be a witness to these companies and their success and I also feel I am privileged to have the chance to work with top players, emerging business and with the investment community from all over the globe. This event in London was a great and unique opportunity as we had companies from a broad spectrum of markets and countries. Once again it showed how strong our global vision is”.
• The companies awarded include:
HUNTSMAN - 2007 European Green Product Innovation of the Year Award
Huntsman’s products are aimed at addressing concerns over environmental friendliness, along with providing cost-efficient solutions. High focus on R&D has helped the company to continuously develop and introduce new products with a foresight on future trends. Huntsman has been at the forefront in formulating similar green solutions for the entire industry and is thus the deserving recipient of the 2007 Frost & Sullivan Award for Green Product Innovation of the year.
• LEWA GmbH - 2007 Product Line Strategy Award
LEWA, producer of process diaphragm pumps and metering pumps and systems, is the market leader in Europe with respect to competency and product range in the pumps used in the oil and gas industry. The company’s dominant position can be attributed to its ability to develop its product line for high pressure and temperature applications. LEWA has a range of products (M900, M800, M400, FPSO’s) that can be used under critical conditions such as high pressure and for high temperature. The company’s in-house R&D initiatives and ties with customers and research universities are seen to provide the necessary impetus for research work. In recognition of its commitment to innovation and customer service, Frost & Sullivan is proud to present LEWA GmbH the 2007 Frost & Sullivan Award for Product Line Strategy for Pumps in the European Oil and gas industry.
• MICHELIN - 2006 Customer Choice Award
Michelin has been participating in environmental and safety initiatives such as Michelin Challenge Bibendum and Global Road Safety Partnership aimed at improving safety of the vehicle by minimizing accidents due to tyre failure and reducing fuel consumption and thereby emissions by improving handling, road grip, contact path and reduced rolling resistance of its tyres. Wide product portfolio and offering of varied tyre technologies that are safe and durable have influenced European customers to choose Michelin as the best brand to offer safe and durable tyres.
• CHLORIDE - 2006 World UPS Market Leadership Award
2007 European UPS Company of the Year Award
2006 Vertical Market Penetration Leadership Award
Chloride Group PLC - consisting of UPS, industrial systems and power conditioning businesses - has witnessed consistently high growth in the past 2-3 years. An increase of 18% in product orders in 2007 is indicative that its strategy to grow in a highly competitive UPS market through mergers and acquisitions, technologically advanced and wide product base, unrivalled service, complete solutions and investment in its people, is successful and generating top quality results in terms of sales, overall business performance and enhancing the value of the company.
Here is the full list of recipients:
• Verint Systems - 2007 European Mass Transit Homeland Security Company of the Year Award
• Nexter Systems - 2007 European Land Armaments Strategic Development Leadership of the Year Award
• Michelin - 2006 Customer Choice Award
• Landi Renzo S.p.a. - 2007 Global Suppliers in Conversion Kits Market Leadership of the Year Award
• Materna Information and Communications - 2007 European Converged Messaging Platforms Excellence in • Technology of the Year Award
• Trekinetic All Terrain Wheelchairs - 2006 Product Innovation Award
• GB Environmental Ltd. - 2006 European Ultraviolet Excellence in Technology of the Year Award
• Transmode - 2007 Technology Innovation Award
• Inclarity Ltd - 2007 European Voice-over-internet Protocol (VoIP) Excellence In Technology of the Year Award
• Merck Liquid Crystals Division - 2007 European Technology Leadership Award
• Agendia BV - 2007 European Product Innovation Award
• Degussa Novara Technology SPA - 2007 European Glass Manufacturing Technology Innovation of the Year Award
• Valimo Wireless Ltd - 2007 Excellence in Technology of the Year Award
• Wind River - 2007 Automotive Software Company of the Year Award
• Schenck Process Group - 2007 European Growth Strategy Leadership Award
• COPA-DATA - 2007 European Automation and Controls Product Innovation of the Year Award
• Bystronic Laser AG - 2007 European Laser Cutting Product Innovation of the Year Award
• ELAU AG - 2007 Industry Innovation and Advancement Award
• Dunkermotoren - 2007 European Motor and Drives Vendor of the Year Award
• LEWA GmbH - 2007 Product Line Strategy Award
• Microsoft - 2007 European Automotive Software Customer Service Innovation Award
• Aricent - 2007 European Communications Software Company of the Year Award
• Riello UPS - 2007 Product Line Leadership Award
• Aqualia - 2007 Customer Service Leadership Award
• Chloride - 2006 World Market Leadership Award
• Newave SA - 2007 European Business Development Strategy Leadership Award
• Andritz VA TECH HYDRO - 2007 Customer Service Leadership Award
• Chloride - 2006 Vertical Market Penetration Leadership Award
• SOLAR 3 SA/GREENTECNO SA - 2007 European Renewable Energy Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
• Riello UPS - 2007 European Uninterruptible Power Supplies Customer Value Enhancement Award
• BITZER - 2007 European Competitive Strategy Leadership Award
• Chloride - 2007 European UPS Company of the Year Award
• Denomega Nutritional Oils - 2007 European Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
• Lipid Nutrition B.V. - 2007 Global CLA Growth Strategy Leadership Award
• Dräger Safety Lübeck - 2007 Respiratory Protection Consumer Award
• NATUREX - 2007 Best Market Penetration of the Year Award
• Huntsman - 2007 European Green Product Innovation of the Year Award
For more information on all the awards recipients and for general enquiries about Frost & Sullivan’s awards, please contact: Anna Anlauft, Promotions-Best Practices, who can be reached by telephone on 0049 (0) 69 7703312 or by email at anna.anlauft[.]frost.com
For media enquiries, please send any requests for information to Chiara Carella, Corporate Communications, who can be reached by telephone on 0207 3438314 or by email at chiara.carella[.]frost.com
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Consulting Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's Growth Partnership Services, Growth Consulting and Career Best Practices empower clients to create a growth focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.