NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Sydney, Australia, 2007/11/20 - Frost & Sullivan today presented 17 awards to the best and brightest in the Australian Information & Communications Technology (ICT) industry. Some of the ‘who’s who’ in Australia’s ICT landscape made the honour roll of award recipients.
To celebrate, Frost & Sullivan hosted the 2nd annual best practices awards at the Hilton in Sydney.
This year’s awards are focused on three sectors: digital media advertising, unified communications and enterprise outsourcing. Each of these sectors has a dedicated local researching analyst who produces a series of in-depth reports during the year that are available in Frost & Sullivan’s growth partnership services.
Says Mark Dougan, managing director for Frost & Sullivan Australia, "an integral part of our research programme is recognising both market and customer leadership.
"Market leadership is based on our assessment of who leads the market in terms of market share and growth over the past year. Customer leadership is based on the views of customers and end users on the levels of satisfaction they have with various suppliers."
This year’s Awards is supported by Aspect Software (silver sponsor) and Salesforce.com (bronze sponsor), Viocorp (official internet broadcaster) along with MediaConnect & M&a, Marketing & Advertising. Computerworld Australia is the official media partner.
Says Michael Stelzer, country manager Australia & New Zealand from Aspect Software "Aspect has had a long association with Frost & Sullivan - particularly in the APAC region, where they have been very active researching the market and partnering with their clients to develop innovative growth strategies."
"At Aspect, we define ourselves as the worlds’ largest company focused exclusively on the Contact Centre - and we depend extensively on Frost & Sullivan's market research to help us formulate our go-to-market strategies and we believe our involvement with this Awards programme takes our partnership one step further."
The Frost & Sullivan Awards banquet, held annually, recognises outstanding performance by companies in the ICT industry in Australia. Introduced for the first time in 2006, the Awards attracted some of the leading names in technology on a single platform to compete for the most coveted titles in ICT. Benchmarked against leading companies in each category, the recipients of these awards represent the best-of-breed in the country.
"More than ever, Australian businesses are embracing new and innovative technology models to drive agility and sustained competitive advantage. These awards play an important role in recognising the convergence between business success and technology requirements," said Steve Russell, president and CEO Asia Pacific, salesforce.com®
Adds Mr Dougan of the Awards, "of course these are all highly competitive markets, and many high quality vendors or suppliers compete neck and neck. Receiving a Frost & Sullivan award is therefore a tremendous recognition of success both in the marketplace, and in the minds of customers."
Frost & Sullivan congratulates all its Award recipients:
Digital Media Advertising awards:
1. carsales.com.au – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Advertiser Satisfaction Award for Online Classifieds Advertising
2. SEEK Ltd – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Online Classifieds Advertising
3. Tempest Media - 2007 Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Online General Advertising
4. ninemsn - 2007 Frost & Sullivan Advertiser Satisfaction Award for Online General Advertising
5. Google™ Australia - 2007 Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Online Search Advertising & 2007 Frost & Sullivan Advertiser Satisfaction Award for Online Search Advertising
Unified Communications Awards:
6. Microsoft Australia – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Customer Endorsement Award for Unified Communications in BFSI And; 2007 Frost & Sullivan Customer Endorsement Award for Unified Communications in Government And; 2007 Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Unified Communications in Government And; 2007 Frost & Sullivan Customer Endorsement Award for Unified Communications in Healthcare
7. Cisco Systems – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Unified Communications in BFSI
Enterprise Outsourcing Awards:
8. EDS – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Enterprise Outsourcing in BFSI
9. IBM – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Customer Satisfaction Award for Enterprise Outsourcing in BFSI; And; 2007 Frost & Sullivan Customer Satisfaction Award for Enterprise Outsourcing in Government And; 2007 Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for Enterprise Outsourcing in Government Of the year Awards
10. Dimension Data – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Australia Unified Communications Systems Integrator of the Year
11. Salmat – 2007 Frost & Sullivan Australia Business Process Outsourcing Service Provider of the Year
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Consulting Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's Growth Partnership Services, Growth Consulting and Career Best Practices empower clients to create a growth focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.