The growth consulting company hosted the 2007 Latin America Information and Communication Technologies Awards Banquet.
Frost & Sullivan revealed the record of the best of the best among Latin America's Information & Communication Technologies Industry. On November 8, the Growth Consulting Company held the 2007 Latin America Information & Communication Technologies Awards Banquet, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where honored companies and individuals for their industry leadership, and recognized their performance during 2007.
With more than 30 companies and individuals from 7 countries in the Americas present at the event, the night witnessed a total of 20 awards delivered to 15 organizations. Amongst those recognized at the banquet, Net Serviços was well represented as the recipient of three awards, including Best Convergence Strategy, ICT Service Provider of the Year, and CEO of the Year in Francisco Valim. Frost & Sullivan also presented the Lifetime Achievement Award, given to Rogerio Oliveira – Latin America General Manager, IBM, who has led a distinguished career in the ICT industry to recognize his accomplishments as well as the lasting impressions he has had on the region.
"Despite the many challenges that the industry has faced in the region, the companies that we are recognizing today developed outstanding strategies and achieved superior performance", highlighted Krishna Srinivasan, Frost & Sullivan President, in his welcome speech. "I am proud that Frost & Sullivan is able to identify the companies who are driving the growth of the ICT industry in the region, and to recognize their tremendous dedication and innovation in each of their respective markets."
"As global head of Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices division, I'm proud to officially launch our awards program in Latin America. With this event, the company is bringing to the region its expertise and experience gathered globally through several Awards Banquets covering multiple industries" Said Monique Gibelly, Global Vice President of Best Practices at Frost & Sullivan. "One of the main aims of Frost & Sullivan is to identify companies exhibiting outstanding performance, whether in product or technology innovation, market strategy and penetration. Our industry experts provide accolades to firms who have demonstrated exceptional innovation in the increasingly competitive marketplace".
The award winner companies were selected through the ongoing and thorough research and tracking of the ICT industry - similar to the methodology followed in the development of our Latin America reports and subscriptions – conducted by Frost & Sullivan's expert analyst team, that totals over 40 years of combined experience in the Latin America market and provides a deep comprehension of the moves and trends in each of the ICT sectors. Awarded companies included:
Service Providers Category:
• IT Infrastructure Outsourcing Service Provider of the Year: IBM
• Corporate Service Provider of the Year: Telefonica
• Network Security Service Provider of the Year: ETEK
• Broadband Service Provider of the Year: ETB
• Internet Content Service Provider of the Year: Terra
• Contact Center Service Provider of the Year: Sykes
• Mobile Service Provider of the Year: Entel PCS
• Best Convergence Strategy of the Year: Net
• Next Generation Network Vendor of the Year: Huawei
• Converged Communications Vendor of the Year: Cisco
• Contact Center Applications Vendor of the Year: Avaya
• Enterprise Network Security Vendor of the Year: Cisco
• Smart Card Manufacturer of the Year: Gemalto
• Best Small & Medium Sized Business Strategy of the Year: Avaya
Best of the Best Category:
• ICT Service Provider of the Year: Net
• ICT Vendor of the Year: Cisco
• Technology Application Company of the Year: Visa
• Latin America Based ICT Company of the Year: Oi
• Industry Regulator of the Year: Subtel
• CEO of the Year: Francisco Valim / Net Serviços
The 2007 Latin America Information and Communication Technologies Awards Banquet was supported by Hewlett Packard, LAN, Oi and Sykes, and counted with the participation of América Economía, BN Americas and TI Inside as media partners.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Consulting Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's Growth Partnership Services, Growth Consulting and Career Best Practices empower clients to create a growth-focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.