The teleconference was presented by TAC Expert Ron Bleiberg, and provided a comprehensive perspective on business continuity planning.
In introducing the presenter, Peter S. Schay, TAC Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer said, “This year’s headlines have left us sensitive to natural disaster. Tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods seem to be “every-other-week” events.
At some point, we may have wondered what our own companies would look like the day after Katrina. This teleconference will address challenges ranging from nuclear destruction of a headquarters city to work stoppages.”
The hot issues addressed included:
- What is the most frequently overlooked, yet most crucial, part of a Business Continuity plan?
- What are the key components of an Operational Continuity Plan?
- How do you reduce “we need to keep running” to an actionable availability statement?
- How do you recognize the people who will be needed to run your operations post-disaster…and address their survival and availability?
- How do you configure systems to run 24x365 year after year, and what does that cost?
- Who should run the recovery effort?
The Advisory Council (tacadvisory. com) represents "The Next Generation of IT Advisory Services," using a network of world-class experts. TAC's clients include the Global 2000, Government Agencies, Universities, and Mid-size Companies.
TAC's innovative business model delivers actionable advice, customized with enterprise-leadership best practices. TAC focuses on helping IT leaders generate business value while advancing their careers.
FileOn, Division of VERTX SYSTEMS, LLC, is an Enterprise Document Management Solutions Company servicing Hospitals, City Government, Banks and Service Bureaus. FileOn solutions include: FileOn eLibrary Enterprise Suite, FileOn Integration Server, FileOn TransFORM Server.
Ronald Bleiberg, TAC Expert, has more than 25 years of experience in the areas of consulting management and delivery, disaster recovery planning, vital records protection programs, document management systems, and total quality management. He is VP, Products and Services, for FileOn, a document management software company. An internationally published author, he has designed and implemented Disaster Recovery and Security systems in public and government organizations. He can be contacted for interviews as a subject matter expert on those topics.