NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Chicago, IL, United States, 2007/11/02 - Less Than 1% of the World's Information is Online. KnowledgeBid Allows Users to Access off line Information and Share Knowledge Using Identity Authentication and VoIP Technology.
Less than 1% of the world's information has been organized by Google™. The other 99% is accessible but it's not on the internet. It is in books, laptops, cell phones, and most importantly, in peoples' minds.
Launched today, KnowledgeBid is a web-based information market platform that allows users to access offline information and earn money sharing what they know with others. People looking for information or expertise can use KnowledgeBid to describe what they want to know and how much they are willing to pay to learn. Information providers can then apply for the contract or create alerts to be notified when their expertise is in demand.
"KnowledgeBid gives users unprecedented access to information," said Rob Webb, Founder and CEO. "Everyone is a source of information because of exposure to markets and industries through life experiences, so anyone legally and ethically able to do so can be a valuable information provider."
The identity of information providers will be authenticated by KnowledgeBid through questions generated in real time based on 900 data sources, 20 billion records, 1 million daily updates and 30 years of history. When an information buyer chooses an information provider, a conference call is scheduled on the KnowledgeBid secure conference platform, which monitors the duration of their discussion and processes buyer billing and provider payment accordingly.
KnowledgeBid (knowledgebid.com) connects those who seek niche information and expertise with those who hold it. Typical information buyers are investors, product manufacturers, and market researchers who want to speak to people with industry and market-specific knowledge.