Dr. Nancy Garland, Technology Development Manager in the Office of Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Infrastructure Technologies at the U.S. Department of Energy, will give the opening presentation at the 3rd Fuel Cells Durability & Performance conference which will take place in Miami, FL from November 15-16, 2007. Dr. Garland will discuss the progress being made in the President’s Hydrogen Fuel Initiative with a special emphasis on improving fuel cell durability and performance.
According to Dr. Serge Pan, Vice President at The Knowledge Foundation, “The durability and performance of fuel cells have a major impact on the most important challenges facing fuel cell commercialization including final cost, mass production, system integration, functionality and reliability.” Drawing on the internationally recognized Knowledge Foundation Fuel Cells Conference Series, this meeting will provide an interdisciplinary forum for fuel cell developers, manufacturers and suppliers working in the fields of materials, stacks, system design, fabrication, and testing.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kev Adjemian, PhD, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Everett B. Anderson, PhD, Distributed Energy Systems
- Kevin Beverage, Nuvera Fuel Cells, Inc.
- Andrew Creeth, PhD, ACAL Energy Ltd.
- John R. Davey, PhD, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Mark K. Debe, PhD, 3M Fuel Cell Components Program, 3M Center
- Gonzalo Escobedo, PhD, DuPont Fuel Cells
- Alejandro A. Franco, PhD, French Atomic Energy Commission/CEA-Grenoble
- Nancy Garland, PhD, U.S. Department of Energy
- Sarb Giddey, PhD, CSIRO Energy Technology
- James T. Goldbach, PhD, Arkema Inc.
- Nathan Hurvitz, VIASPACE
- Tom Jarvi, PhD, UTC Power, United Technologies
- Jennifer Kurtz, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Karren L. More, PhD, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Bhabendra Pradhan, PhD, Columbian Chemicals Company
- George S. Saloka, Ford Motor Company
- Toshiki Sato, Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Jesse M. Schneider, DaimlerChrysler Corporation
- Elena Shembel, DSc, Enerize Corporation
- George Skinner, Ballard Power Systems, Inc.
- Vesna Stanic, PhD, EnerFuel
- Peter Wilde, PhD, SGL Technologies GmbH
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation (knowledgefoundation.com) is committed to integrating scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing its members with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, The Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.