NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Moscow, Russia, 2007/09/28 - September 30, 2007 marks the 40th anniversary of Zarubezhneft, the leading export company of the oil industry - Oil-Gas.biz.
Since 1967, the company has been focused on overseas oil and gas exploration and production projects, oilfield facilities construction and organization of equipment and materials supply to oilfields.
Over the forty years, Zarubezhneft has accumulated unique experience of oil and gas projects throughout the world. Major oil industry facilities have been built in Algeria, Syria, Iraq, Vietnam, Libya, India, Yemen, Cuba and other countries under the auspices of Zarubezhneft.
Standing out among the company’s achievements is the fruitful long-term operation of the Russian-Vietnam joint venture Vietsovpetro that is one of the world’s most efficient oil producing companies and that adds over $500 million to the Russian budget annually.
In 2004, RF president signed orders on incorporation of the state company “RVO “Zarubezhneft” with 100% stake remaining in the state ownership, and the company was included in the list of strategic enterprises. Additionally, assets of A.P.Krylov VNIIneft and research institute “Giprovostokneft” were transferred to Zarubezhneft, which significantly expanded the company’s capabilities.
The company’s core businesses currently include:
- exploration, oilfield construction and production in the Russian Federation and abroad;
- engineering, construction and operation of oil refineries, tank fleets and pipeline systems;
- deployment of advanced domestic oil and gas exploration technologies;
- testing of advanced recovery methods to expand export of high tech services;
- export-import of high tech equipment.