This month UK-based translation company Lingo24 celebrates its first six years in business. Founded in 2001 by Christian Arno, an Oxford graduate aged 22 at the time, Lingo24 now operates in 8 countries around the world, with more than 50 employees located in all corners of the globe, from Germany to New Zealand and Romania to China.
“We think we're very grown up for a six-year-old”, says Managing Director Christian Arno, “But we know there's still a long way to go!”, he adds.
Contracting most of its clients online, Lingo24 has become one of the top e-businesses in the translation industry, with a portfolio including several multinational brands, and an annual turnover estimated above £2 million.
While celebrating its first six years, Lingo24 would like to thank all of its partners and collaborators who have helped build and support this successful and sustainable e-business. From individual translators to client companies, Lingo24 sends out its appreciation and looks forward to equally fruitful partnerships in the years ahead!
Lingo24 is one of the fastest-growing translation companies in the world, with operations in the UK and eight other countries worldwide. Founded in 2001, the company is a great case study for:
• e-business (90% of its customers find it through the Internet)
• globalisation (its business is a barometer of globalisation for British business, and the company itself has 'internationalised' in a short space of
• EU expansion (the company has its largest operation in Timisoara, Romania)
• green business (the company has a strict environmental policy and limited office use to minimise unnecessary travel)
• home-working (Lingo24 employees work from home more than 95% of the time)
• youthful entrepreneurialism (the company was established by a 22-year-old graduate of Oxford University)