The Next-Generation Solution for Today’s Translation and Localization Supply Chain
Idiom® Technologies, Inc. (Idiom), the leading independent supplier of SaaS and on-premise server-based globalization management systems (GMS), today announced WorldServer 9, the next-generation translation management solution for today’s rapidly growing translation and localization supply chain.
“WorldServer 9 is truly a community achievement because so many stakeholders in the translation and localization supply chain contributed to its development,” said Mike Iacobucci, president and CEO, Idiom Technologies. “With the input of LSPs, technology partners, translators and, of course, our customers, WorldServer 9 will have an immediate and measurable impact on the speed, quality, cost and velocity of translation and localization. The solution will make all stakeholders more efficient by using technology to connect them to a growing and more collaborative globalization supply chain.”
WorldServer 9 is a next-generation GMS solution with new capabilities that reflect ongoing customer and partner input and evolving market trends such as machine translation and translation memory integration and increasing technology adoption among LSPs. The new capabilities in WorldServer span the following key areas: translation quality and review, project management, terminology lifecycle management, machine translation and translation project tracking.
The following is a summary of the top five areas of new and expanded functionality in WorldServer 9:
• New Translation Quality and Review Features – new features make it even easier to maintain consistency, ensure accountability and streamline compliance auditing. A series of cumbersome manual steps is now fully automated for greater translation speed, efficiency and quality
• Project Management Enhancements – version control and workflow enhancements give project managers a more accurate, up-to-date view of how each open job – as well as their total project – is progressing
• Centralized Terminology Lifecycle Management – customizable business rules and centralized multilingual terminology management streamline the time-consuming and confusing term proposal, editing, translation and approvals process. Administrators can set different rules for both internal and external contributors
• Machine Translation Integration – machine translation integration is built into WorldServer to make it even easier for customers to include both machine-translated and human-translated content in their workflows
• New TransPort Portal Interface – this entirely new, easy-to-configure portal interface extends the benefits of WorldServer to business users in the translation and localization supply chain. This includes new quote and file management tools that automate many of the time-consuming project outsourcing and management steps.
All the new capabilities in WorldServer 9 extend to both on-premise and SaaS customers.
“A typical organization produces thousands of small files that must be organized and tracked effectively, and when you add translation management on top of that, you begin to see the complexity of this process,” said JoAnn Hackos, founder and director of the Center for Information-Development Management (CIDM). “The key is to use technology to automate as much of the workflow as possible. What makes WorldServer so interesting is how it not only automates many of the time-consuming translation steps within an enterprise, but also how it extends the benefits of the solution externally to LSPs and other partners to make them part of a more powerful, extended workflow.”
“We’ve been using WorldServer for more than four years to help ensure brand consistency and quality across the eight websites we centrally manage,” said Karen Combe, vice president, localization, PTC®. “We’re excited about the release of WorldServer 9 for many reasons, especially the centralized terminology management. Idiom has once again proven that it understands how the translation management process really works at ground level and how to turn this understanding into new features that matter most to customers.”
About Idiom Technologies, Inc.
Idiom® Technologies (idiominc.com) is the leading independent supplier of SaaS and on-premise software solutions that enable our customers and partners to accelerate the translation and localization process so that content rapidly reaches markets worldwide. Unlike other companies serving this market, Idiom offers freedom of choice by embracing relevant industry standards, supporting popular content life cycle solutions and partnering with the industry’s leading language service providers.
As a result, WorldServer™ GMS solutions are fast becoming an industry standard, allowing customers to expand their international market reach while reducing costs and improving quality. WorldServer is used every day by organizations possessing many of the most recognizable global brands to more efficiently create and manage multilingual websites (e.g., AOL, eBay and Continental), localize software applications (e.g., Adobe, Beckman Coulter and Motorola) and streamline translation and localization of corporate and product documentation (e.g., Autodesk, Cisco and Business Objects).
Idiom is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, with offices throughout North America and in Europe. WorldServer solutions are also available through the company’s Global Partner Network™.
Idiom and WorldServer are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Idiom Technologies, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders