NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Winston-Salem, NC, United States, 2007/08/26 - SmallCapReview.com smallcapreview.com, a leading small-cap stock information site, is pleased to announce that Imax Corporation (Nasdaq: IMAX) and Town Sports International (Nasdaq: CLUB) have been named as New "Focus Stocks".
Imax Corporation (IMAX) is one of the world's leading entertainment technology companies, specializing in digital and film-based motion picture technologies. The worldwide IMAX network is among the most important and successful theatrical distribution platforms for major event Hollywood films around the globe, with IMAX theatres delivering the world's best cinematic presentations using proprietary IMAX, IMAX 3D, and IMAX DMR technology.
The IMAX Theatre Network currently consists of more than 280 IMAX affiliated theaters in 40 countries. Approximately 60 percent of the theatres are located in North America, while the remaining 40 percent are spread internationally. Roughly 50 percent of the theatres are located in institutional venues, such as museums, planetariums, and maritime centers, while the other half are part of commercial theatre complexes. More than 100 of these theatres are equipped with IMAX 3D technology. To date, more than 800 million people have enjoyed The IMAX Experience at specially designed theatres around the world.
Town Sports International (CLUB) is a leading owner and operator of fitness clubs in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States and the third largest fitness club operator in the United States. CLUB operates under the brand names of New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs and Philadelphia Sports Clubs. In addition, it operates three clubs in Switzerland.
The company operates approximately 149 clubs, including 99 fitness clubs in the New York metropolitan market, 21 fitness clubs in the Boston market, 19 fitness clubs in the Washington, D.C. market, 7 fitness clubs in the Philadelphia market, and 3 fitness clubs in Switzerland.
It serves approximately 472,000 members in the United States and six thousand in Switzerland. The company's long-term goal is to have 350 clubs, growing at 12 to 15 locations a year.
SmallCapReview.com is a Free Newsletter sent to subscribers, highlighting select small-cap stocks.
Features available at SmallCapReview.com include in-depth profiles of select Small-Cap/Penny Stocks as well as the most comprehensive and up to date news available on the small-cap market.
SmallCapReview.com is not a registered investment advisor or broker/dealer. No investor should assume that reliance on the views, opinions or recommendations contained herein will produce profitable results. Nothing within our site should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. The companies we profile may lack an active trading market for their securities, investing in such securities is highly speculative and carries a high degree of risk. SmallCapReview.com may hold positions in securities mentioned herein, and may make purchases or sales in such securities featured on our website or within our reports. In order to be in full compliance with the Securities Act of 1933, Section 17(b), SmallCapReview.com will disclose, what, if any compensation was received for our efforts in researching, presenting and disseminating this information to our subscriber database and featuring the report on our website. SmallCapReview has not been compensated for its efforts in presenting the Imax Corporation or Town Sports International profile on its website and distributing it to its database of subscribers.