One of the founding partners of Bush Ross, P.A., John F. “Jack” Rudy, was presented with the Herbert G. Goldburg Memorial Award in recognition of a legal career distinguished by his fairness, strong sense of ethics and skill as a trial attorney.
Rudy, a member of Bush Ross’ Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group, was presented with the award by the Trial Lawyers Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association during a ceremony at the University club in downtown Tampa earlier this summer.
According to the Bar Association proclamation, the award marks Rudy’s “distinguished legal career exhibiting fairness, integrity, courtesy, zeal, forensic skill, legal acumen, good sense and respect for fellow lawyers.”
“There are few honors that are more rewarding than those bestowed upon us by our peers,” Rudy said. “Receiving this award only further motivates me to live up to the high standards exemplified by those who have shared in this honor before me.”
About the Hillsborough County Bar Association
The Hillsborough County Bar Association consists of more than 3,700 lawyers and legal professionals in Hillsborough County. Our mission is to inspire and promote respect for the law and the justice system through service to the legal profession and the community.
We offer many benefits and services to members of the Hillsborough County Bar Association. Our membership is for lawyers, legal professionals, and students. Member satisfaction is our highest priority. Our member benefits include:
· Numerous community service opportunities;
· Quality and economical CLE;
· Lawyer Referral Service where we bring you potential clients;
· Legal Placement Service helping you find qualified support staff for your firm;
· Over 40 sections and committees to encourage your participation and leadership in our Association;
· 8 membership meetings a year with interesting speakers and networking opportunities;
· Award winning HCBA Lawyer Magazine published 9 times a year with cutting edge articles;
· Pictorial Legal Membership Directory helping you contact lawyers in areas of law you do not practice, but may need to partner with;
· Benefit providers giving you an exclusive discount on their products and services as a HCBA member;
· Many other entertaining membership events to promote the legal profession such as our Judicial Pig Roast and Law Follies.
Offering services to the public is equally important to us. Here are some ways we assist the community:
· Lawyer Referral Service -- connects lawyers with citizens needing legal assistance;
· HCBA Placement Service -- assists businesses in finding support staff;
· Ask A Lawyer program -- partners with Fox13 where viewers can call in and get free legal advice from our volunteer members (takes place the first Thursday of each month);
· Every year we increase our community service -- we host a wide array of community programs some of them are: West Tampa Elementary Reward Program, Lawyers for Literacy helping Head Start, courtroom tours, Mock Trials, Steak & Sports Day with our Young Lawyers Division (every year this list grows).
About Bush Ross
The centerpiece of the firm’s success is the commitment we make to our clients. We continue to adhere to the philosophy crafted by the founders of Bush Ross in 1981 that clients want caring, insightful, ethical and adept problem solvers who will add measurable value to their businesses. Over the years, we have grown into one of Florida ’s leading law firms by focusing on several fundamental principles of client service:
· Provide the highest-quality legal service;
· Promptly deliver practical solutions that satisfy our clients’ needs;
· Achieve the best possible results for our clients;
· Contain costs and control fees;
· Conduct work in a “client-first culture” that emphasizes caring and concern for clients as well as employees.
From the beginning of our representation of a client to the conclusion of the client’s legal matter, Bush Ross represents the client with an unrelenting commitment to the client’s best interests.