Tata Interactive Systems (TIS)'s Learning Planet™ is based on TIS’s business insights, gained from some 30 custom-built learning management system (LMS) implementations at clients including McGraw-Hill and the Bank of Montreal.
Learning Planet™ is AICC Level 1 and SCORM 1.2 compliant, allowing the importation and integration of third party learning materials as well as integration with third party systems including Oracle HRMS, PeopleSoft and SAP. Its multilingual support allows users to address an international audience.
“Learning Planet™ offers anytime-anywhere access to administrators, HR managers, instructors, teachers, and users,” explained Alan Samuel, head of TIS’s UK operations. “By enabling you to manage your workforce, assess their skills, and analyse their learning and development needs, Learning Planet™ acts as a powerful driver of organisational performance.
“Our clients around the world have asked us to develop a highly flexible and scaleable LCMS to help them to meet future business challenges by meeting their learning needs through highly customised and interoperable solutions. We’re delighted to be able to add Learning Planet™ to enhance our growing portfolio of learning-related solutions for use by our partners.”
About Learning Planet™
The Learning Planet™ LCMS comprises:
• Host and manage blended e-learning (ILT, WBT, asynchronous, or synchronous classrooms) and virtual classrooms with videoconferencing, whiteboards, desktop sharing and other features
• Track class attendance and scores; then generate usage reports for efficient classroom and user group management
• Select and buy catalogue courses via an online payment gateway
• Identify skill gaps
• Create individualised training plans for users based on their competencies by mapping competencies and roles
• Develop succession plans by identifying the most eligible candidates even across large enterprises
• A Competency Dashboard for identifying gaps and learning paths
Content Management System
• Create standards-compliant content using learning object-based content authoring and management.
• Generate content using a built-in authoring engine and easy-to-use authoring tools
• Prepare course curriculum, prerequisites and tests
• Import content from legacy files including Word, PDF, PowerPoint, Flash, and HTML, avoiding the need for data entry
• Attach media files: video or audio in any format
• Insert mathematical equations and symbols
Collaboration and Communication Tools
• Access discussion forums, message boards, email and chat
• Create common interest groups for unmediated discussions and threads, survey, polls, file cabinet, file sharing, and publishing
• Selectively display alerts, announcements, news and promotions, giving finer administrative control.
• The IMS- and QTI-compliant assessment authoring and delivery system ensures that users are not locked into any one system
• A standards-based system facilitates import or export of third-party standardised assessments
• Use an assessment engine with synchronised and unsynchronised features to create five types of template-based assessments
• Upload/ download offline assignments and files such as Word, PDF or PowerPoint
• Access Knowledge Management tools
• Store and distribute any digital resource including documents, audio, video and URLs with user-based rights management
• Use a search engine to locate and bookmark a repository of learning objects
• Enable a workflow-based approach for users to submit documents to the library, get approvals and publish online
• Perform detailed analyses using extensive reporting modules
For a free demo of Learning Planet™ contact: learningplanet[.]tatainteractive.com.
About Tata Interactive Systems (TIS)
Tata Interactive Systems (TIS), a global leader in e-learning, is a part of the $22bn Tata Group. Truly international, TIS has a presence across the US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, Japan, India, and mainland Europe. TIS offers corporations, universities, schools, publishers, and government institutions a diversified and innovative bouquet of learning and training solutions including Simulation-based Learning Objects (SimBLs™), Story-based Learning Objects (StoBLs™), courseware and curriculum design, special-needs education, assessments, electronic performance support systems (EPSS), mobile learning, along with other corporate training and consultancy services. Our multi-disciplinary expertise and 16 years’ experience across domains helps us design e-learning programmes that are unique to clients’ requirements and specifically crafted to boost knowledge retention and application.
Apart from holding ISO 9001 certification, TIS is the only e-learning organisation in the world to be assessed at Level 5 in both the SEI-CMM and P-CMM frameworks. TIS’s quest for excellence is reflected in numerous prestigious industry awards, including a Silver Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Award 2005 and 2004, APEX Award of Excellence in 2005 and 2006, BETT Awards in 2004 and 2006, and two Business World–NID Design Excellence awards.
Further information from:
Alan Samuel, Tata Interactive Systems, +44 (0) 20 7905 0156