NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Roswell, GA, United States, 2007/07/10 - Huckaby Garage Doors of Roswell, Georgia, announced that they are beginning a new campaign to promote the use of Earth friendly, green products - HuckabyDoors.com.
“With the increasing awareness of global warming, we simply feel that we have to do our part,” says Danny Huckaby of Huckaby Garage Doors.
Concentrations will be on high-performance products that pay special attention to energy efficiency and conservation through insulation and use of recycled and sustainable materials.
Such products will include:
• Wood composites, which offer excellent insulation and help to prevent moisture absorption
• Energy Star rated products
• Doors with Low-E glass, which saves on energy bills and reduces UV fading
• Long-Lasting products, resulting in fewer replacements needed during the lifetime of the garage doors. This reduces fuel costs for manufacturing and distribution, and greatly reduces waste
• Sustainable forestry produced doors
• Products recognized by LEED, The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system is a national standard for designing and constructing high-performance, sustainable buildings
• Energy and Atmosphere
• Materials and Resources
• Indoor Environmental Quality
• Products listed in the GreenSpec Directory (buildinggreen.com)
• Scientific Certification System (SCS) certified, meaning that the door facings contain at least 51 percent recycled materials. Some wood doors also follow Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) guidelines that may help attain rating points specific to your regional program.
Several suppliers are already implementing these steps, among others, and builders and homeowners are becoming more aware of the importance of green building.
About Huckaby Garage Doors
Huckaby Garage Doors (huckabydoors.com) offers sales, installation, replacement, and repair services for standard and custom garage doors and openers in Cobb, Cherokee, Bartow, and North Fulton, including Marietta, Woodstock, Kennesaw, Towne Lake, Powder Springs, Roswell, Alpharetta, Crabapple, Dallas, Acworth, and surrounding areas.
References are available upon request.