Mimosa Systems™, a leader in Live Content Archiving solutions, today announced that it is bringing the promise of grid computing to email archiving environments with the release of Mimosa NearPoint™ 3.0 for Microsoft Exchange Server software. The multi-node grid architecture is the most scalable architecture in the email archiving industry – enabling support for hundreds of thousands of mailboxes in a single system. Other industry-firsts in NearPoint 3.0 include version history for Active Directory, plus the combination of archiving, continuous data protection, and disaster recovery for public folders.
Mimosa NearPoint 3.0 for Microsoft Exchange Server software is the only integrated solution for email archival, eDiscovery, disaster recovery, and storage management that can economically scale to meet the demands of today’s enterprise. It delivers maximum protection from risks associated with litigation and email failures, scale to meet enterprise needs, and low total cost of ownership.
“With the explosion of user-driven information and the ever increasing demands of legal discovery, corporate governance is no longer limited to select groups within an organization – it is being applied across the enterprise, driving the need for archiving and eDiscovery scalability,” said Laura DuBois, research director, Storage Software, at IDC. “With the initial introduction of unique email capture using transaction log shipping, and now with grid scalability, Mimosa has been an innovator in the email archiving space.”
The new multi-node grid design of Mimosa NearPoint features a hot plug modular architecture that allows servers to be added or taken away as required with no downtime. The grid is “self healing”, with archiving tasks dynamically reassigned to other servers in the event of a node failure. Administrators have a single system view across the multiple nodes with single point configuration and policy enforcement. Servers can be configured in either a “superscalar” grid, where each node performs the complete range of email archiving tasks; or in a “superpipelined” grid, whereby each node is dedicated specifically to email archiving.
“Scalability of our email archiving environment is a key requirement for us to accommodate future growth to meet our compliance and eDiscovery needs,” said Andrew Gahm, network architect at Virtua Health, a multi-hospital healthcare system headquartered in Marlton, New Jersey. “With Mimosa NearPoint, we feel better protected for eDiscovery situations by having instant archive access to all of our Exchange information, including Public Folders, offline PST files, calendars, contacts, notes, and more.”
“Mimosa is once again revolutionizing the content archiving market by bringing the massive scalability of grid computing to Microsoft Exchange email environments,” said T.M. Ravi, president and CEO, at Mimosa Systems. “Mimosa NearPoint 3.0 combines the lowest total cost of ownership with the most scalable and modular email archiving solution on the market. As a platform, it is designed to support not just email, but other content types including Instant Messages, files, SharePoint, and more.”
Mimosa NearPoint 3.0 includes:
• Disaster Recovery – support for warm standby disaster recovery for instantaneous recovery of Exchange and email service to end-users in the event of a disaster. Offers new flexible configurations allowing optimization for provisioning cost, recovery speed, or both.
• Enhanced support for Exchange 2007, Live Communication Server (IM) and 64 bit Servers – extends content management to include instant messaging and takes advantage of new Exchange 2007 features for disaster recovery, folder level retention, and mailbox level journaling.
• Automated PST File Archiving – new “crawler” automatically searches and retrieves PST files from servers, desktops, and laptops based on administrator-defined policies.
• Active Directory Integration – leverages roles defined in Active Directory and provides a version history of Active Directory, including distribution lists. Contents of distribution lists are viewed as they appeared when an email was originally sent or received.
• Public Folder Archiving – performs archiving and continuous data protection for Public Folders and allow auditors to search all Public Folder content and re-create chain-of-custody for compliance and legal discovery.
• Scalable Storage & Reduced Archive Storage Requirements – redesigned to deliver improved scalability and performance for the archive server with support for multiple databases and extensible storage volumes.
• International Language Support – enables global enterprise scaling by providing support for German, French, and Japanese.
• Pre-Installation and Configuration Tools – new pre-installation checks verify the correct version for all required software for ease of installation, and post-installation tools allow archive system parameters to be changed using high level wizards.
About Mimosa NearPoint
Mimosa NearPoint addresses critical customer requirements around email information archiving, eDiscovery, regulatory compliance, business continuity, and storage optimization. Mimosa NearPoint provides legal search workflow, immediate mailbox and message recovery, disaster recovery, email archiving, and self-service search and access in one solution. By leveraging cost-effective storage, NearPoint also optimizes e-mail storage and reduces overall infrastructure costs.
Mimosa Systems, Inc. delivers next-generation information management solutions for information immediacy, discovery and continuity. Mimosa NearPoint™ for Microsoft® Exchange Server is the industry’s most comprehensive information management software solution for Microsoft Exchange, unifying email archiving, recovery and storage optimization. NearPoint assures email continuity and regulatory compliance, while leveraging cost-effective disk technologies to optimize email storage growth. Mimosa is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner recognized for its competencies in Networking Infrastructure Solutions, ISV Software Solutions, and Information Worker. Mimosa is a privately held company whose investors include August Capital, Clearstone Venture Partners, Dot Edu Ventures, JAFCO Ventures, and Mayfield Fund. Mimosa was founded in 2003 and is based in Santa Clara, California with offices in Munich, Germany and Pune, India.
Mimosa, Mimosa Systems, Mimosa NearPoint and NearPoint are trademarks of Mimosa Systems. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.