DSPCon, Inc., a leading, global supplier of dynamic data acquisition, analysis, archiving and recording solutions for high-value military, aerospace and rotating machinery applications, has launched MultiScope™, Version 6.5, a feature-rich, user-friendly, software package that provides the display power and analytical capabilities of up to 32 test and lab instruments on a single PC.
Specifically designed to work in conjunction with DSPCon's flagship system, Piranha III™, as well as the Company's newest product, DataFlex™-1000, MultiScope v.6.5 effectively acts a graphical user interface for acquiring, analyzing and presenting data on a single PC without specialized lab instruments such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers. It provides engineers with real-time data processing, logging, monitoring and display capabilities of up to 32 test channels without the cost, inconvenience and clutter of traditional lab instruments. MultiScope v.6.5 delivers a wide variety of display types including Time Series, FFT, Strip Chart, Lissajous, Campbell, Spectrum and others that can be viewed on multiple, user-configured pages with up to 32 scopes per page. It utilizes a single Ethernet connection and standard DSPCon data formats to facilitate highly flexible and accurate testing of critical shock, vibration and rotating machinery applications. A new "stand-alone" feature allows users to review previously captured data on any PC.
"The overriding design philosophy behind MultiScope was to develop and deploy an easy-to-install and easy-to-use software product that would allow engineers to improve the already outstanding data acquisition, analysis and archiving capabilities of Piranha III through enhanced data visualization and manipulation capabilities," said John Pecina, DSPCon director of systems engineering. "The ability to monitor signals as they are being acquired on a single PC with a single interface, with or without processing, while also having the ability to play back previously recorded data files allows operators and engineers to make informed decisions more rapidly, thereby reducing turn-around time, improving productivity, and maximizing system ROI."
A must for any application that requires real-time monitoring of multiple channels, MultiScope is a versatile, virtual instrument that provides a comprehensive portfolio of standard plot types along with a configuration tool for creation and configuration of user-defined displays.
MultiScope Standard Display Types:
- Time Series
- FFT: High-/Low-Resolution
- Color Intensity (Zmod): Time & RPM
- Waterfall/Waterfall RPM
- Nth Octave
- Order Track
- Bode: Polar & Rectangular
- Strip Chart
- 1 per Rev
- Spectral Integration & Differentiation
Summary of Features:
-Data Playback Capability From a Desktop
- Displays Real-Time Data or Data From a File
- Re-analyzes Previously Recorded Data Files
- Provides "Pause," "Stop" and "Control" Playback Speed Functionality
- Remote Monitoring via Ethernet
- Time Series Updates at a Range Greater Than 30Hz Per Scope
- Scalability From 1 to 32 Scopes Per Monitor
- Multiple Channel Traces Per Scope
- Data Processing for Spectral Plots: Differentiation, Integration, Double Integration
- Spectral Plot Scaling: RMS. Peak, Peak/Peak, PSD
- Less Than 500 msecs From Transducer to Display
- Auto Peak Tracking Cursor
- "Page Up/Page Down" Capability for Multi-Screen Configurations
- Background Updating of Channels Running on Pages Not Currently Displayed
- Channel "Name" Display and Peak Indicator Next to Each Scope
- Digital Tachometer Readouts for Rotating Machinery Applications
- Manual or Auto scale on All Axes Independently
- Cursor and Peak-hold Capability
- Changes and Saves Plot Configurations Within Application
MultiScope V6.5 is currently available for all DSPCon Piranha III systems. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. For additional information on MultiScope, please visit our website.
New Jersey-based DSPCon (dspcon.com) is a full-service solution provider of high-bandwidth, high-performance data acquisition, analysis and archiving systems for governmental agencies and commercial enterprises in the military, defense, aerospace, avionics, machinery, manufacturing and telecommunications industries. Certified to ISO9001:2000 quality standards, DSPCon solutions empower organizations to streamline test and development cycles and improve operational and production efficiencies by slashing the time between data acquisition and processed analytical results.
Today, DSPCon products and services support a wide variety of mission-critical signal processing applications including acoustic, vibration, shock and rotating machinery analysis; sonar and radar processing; digital data recording and jet engine testing. With hundreds of deployed solutions and over a decade and a half of experience in digital signal processing, systems integration and software development, DSPCon continues to be at the forefront in meeting the unique data acquisition needs of world-class organizations such as Pratt & Whitney, Honeywell and General Dynamics.
DSPCon, MultiScope and Piranha III are trademarks of DSPCon, Inc. Other company, brand, and product names referenced herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.