NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/05/31 - Rare Earths: Worldwide markets, applications, technologies global Consumption to cross well over 155,000 metric tons, says new report available from ReportBuyer.com.
Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Rare Earths: Worldwide Markets, Applications, Technologies’
Findings in the 154 page Report include:
• Global consumption of rare earth materials was more than 87,000 metric tons in 2004 and 96,000 metric tons in 2005. At an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 10.1%, consumption of these materials should cross well over 155,000 metric tons.
• Glass and ceramic materials held the highest share of the market in 2004, approximately 18.5%. Permanent magnets overtook this place in 2005 with almost 19% of the total market. This sector will maintain this position through the forecast period, crossing 32,000 metric tons in 2010 at an AAGR of 12.2%.
• NiMH batteries held the highest AAGR with 30.5%, reaching over 27,000 metric tons in 2010. The second-highest growth rate through the forecast period was phosphors at 13.4%.
Summary of the Report:
• The rare earth materials market, especially for applications in rechargeable batteries, hydrogen storage, advanced ceramics, permanent magnets, metallurgy, catalysts, lasers, fiber optics, glass, phosphors and superconductors
• An overview of the rare earths materials market, with precise definitions and terminology important to understanding the market
• Global market forecasts through 2010
• Profiles for all the major companies involved in the market
• A detailed patent analysis.
Rare Earth Chemistry, Resources And Processing Overview
Rare Earth Resources, Mining, And Processing
Rare Earth Product Applications And Demand
Supply And Demand For Specific Rare Earth Elements
Rare Earth Supply
Rare Earth Prices
Rare Earth Industry Structure
Rare Earth Companies
List Of Figures
Rare Earths: Worldwide Markets, Applications, Technologies is available in PDF format from Report Buyer.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00077
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.