Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Plastics in Electronic Components’
Findings in the 200 page Report include:
• Thermoplastic and thermoset volumes, estimated at slightly over 586 million pounds in 2006 should reach over 700 million pounds by 2011 corresponding to an annual growth rate of 4.3%.
• Thermoplastics will have the highest growth rate through the forecast period at 4.8%. Consumption is almost 400 million pounds in 2006 and should grow to just over 500 million pounds in 2011.
• In terms of technology driven factors, miniaturization is still an important factor, although it is beginning to reach its saturation point; thin walling of molded parts; and higher soldering temperatures due to surface mount technologies (SMT) and lead-free soldering have been some of the key parameters affecting choices and volumes of plastics being used to mold components. These factors will drive the use for resins with higher heat deflection temperatures (HDTs) and glass transition temperatures (Tgs) and lower dielectric constants.
Summary of the Report:
• This report contains: A detailed market overview of plastics in electronic components, specifically covering resins and resin grades to meet requirements of electronic technologies related to computers, telecommunications, automotive, and other industries employing electronic components
• An analysis of the North American market and its upcoming trends, with detailed tables and a five-year forecast through 2011
• An examination of technological trends in the market, both recent and forthcoming
• A detailed list of profiles for the top contributors in the industry as well as a detailed patent analysis.
Resins Used In Electronic Components
Electronic Component Products
Application By End-Use
Technology Trends Related To Electronic Components
Electronic Component Industry Overview
Molders Of Electronic Components
Selected Company Profiles
List Of Figures
North American Consumption In Electronic Components By Type Of Resin, 2005-2011 (Million Pounds)
Plastics in Electronic Components is available in PDF format from Report Buyer.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00074
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.