Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Nanotechnology: A Realistic Market Assessment’
Findings in the 254 page Report include:
• BCC estimated the global market for nanotechnology products at nearly $9.4 billion in 2005 and over $10.5 billion in 2006, growing to about $25.2 billion by 2011 (an AAGR of 19.1% between 2006 and 2011). This figure includes established commercial nanomaterials applications, such as carbon black filler for inkjet inks, nanocatalyst thin films for catalytic converters, and new technologies such as nanoparticulate fabric treatments, rocket fuel additives, nanolithographic tools, and nanoscale electronic memory.
• Nanomaterials, particularly nanoparticles and nanocomposites, dominated the nanotechnology market in 2005, accounting for over 86% of the market. Nanotools accounted for 10% of the market, and nanodevices the remaining 4%. Nanotools, which include the nanolithographic tools used to produce the next generation of semiconductors, are projected to grow at a much faster rate than either nanomaterials or nanodevices, and as a result their market share should increase to 30% by 2011.
Global Nanotechnology Market, 2005-2011 ($ Millions) Source: BCC Research
• The largest end-user markets for nanotechnology in 2005 were environmental remediation (33% of the total market), electronics (24%), energy (15%) and biomedical applications (5%). Electronics and biomedical applications have much higher projected growth rates than other applications over the next five years. As a result, the electronics share of the nanotechnology market should grow to over 50% by 2011, and biomedical applications' share to 8%. Environmental applications' share is expected to decline steeply to 13%, while energy's share falls to 9%.
Summary of the Report:
• Covers nanomaterials (nanoparticles, nanotubes, nanostructured materials, and nanocomposites), nanotools (nanolithography tools and scanning probe microscopes), and nanodevices (nanosensors and nanoelectronics),
• Notes current and potential applications for nanotechnology,
• Addresses global nanotechnology trends and forecasts the total worldwide market through 2011,
• Notes the factors that will influence the long-term development and growth of the market.
• Describes the industry structure, reviews market shares, and profiles the top players in the nanotechnology market.
Nanotechnology: A Realistic Market Assessment is available in PDF format from Report Buyer.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00065
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.