NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Longwood, FL, United States, 2007/05/30 - Circumventing damaged product during shipping, while creating an easier method of storage, OnlineLabels.com revamps its current packaging on all label orders.
OnlineLabels.com, the largest supplier of blank labels for laser and inkjet printers on the Internet, has recently unveiled the patent pending LabelSafe Container, a clamshell packaging designed to protect the integrity of label sheets during shipping and handling. The transition to the new design is the first change to label packaging in the Company’s eight year history.
The LabelSafe Container replaces a cellophane-like shrink wrap, often known for being flimsy, but still an industry standard casing for sheeted paper and label products. While many label suppliers are still using the shrink wrap because of its low cost, Onlinelabels.com has already seen the positive impact among the Company’s customers since the new higher-priced clamshell packaging was implemented.
“This is a significant and expensive change for us, but it’s also another way that we are staying one step ahead of the competition in the label industry,” said Dave Carmany, president of OnlineLabels.com. “The LabelSafe design directly impacts the delivery, usage and appearance of our labels and adds another touch of customer service through enhancing the overall quality of our product.”
Among the benefits of the new LabelSafe Container include:
• Durable outer shell protects label sheets from curling, folding or otherwise being damaged during shipping and handling
• Button-snap closure and hinged backing provide an easy open and close feature to retrieve labels when needed
• The label packages are formed to fit together with ease when stacking and storing to keep labels organized
• Provides label sheets with secure protection against most elements such as cold, heat and slight water intrusion
• No secondary sealing equipment is needed
• Clear visibility of label sheets with product label on packaging to quickly reference important item numbers and quantities
• 100% recyclable thus limiting the environmental impact.
“After we made the transition to the LabelSafe Container, we noticed a sharp decrease in customer complaints about labels being damaged during the shipping process,” added Carmany. “We have a number of quality control processes in place before the labels leave our plant, but this was proactive measure we took to ensure quality after the product was out of our hands.”
About Online Labels, Inc.
Launched 1998, Online Labels, Inc. (onlinelabels.com) has sold over 5 billion labels rapidly becoming the largest supplier of blank labels for laser and inkjet printers on the Internet. A division of Consolidated Label, Inc., the Company is a privately-held label manufacturer and Internet retailer based in Longwood Fla. OnlineLabels.com serves customers all over the world for personal and professional labeling needs in a variety of applications.