Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Medical Device Coatings’
Findings in the 239 page Report include:
• The value of worldwide sales for all categories of coatings and surface treatment processes used in manufacturing medical devices reached $2.96 billion in 2005.
• Fueled by an explosive growth in high-value combination products, such as arterial stents and antimicrobial-coated catheters, the global medical device coatings business will experience an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 12.4%, reaching worldwide sales of $5.31 billion by 2010.
• The swift acceptance of drug-eluting stents as a "gold standard" treatment by surgeons around the globe suggests that the demand for other coated versions of existing medical devices will be equally swift. Our analysis further suggests that there will be a correspondingly swift acceptance of new coated devices as they are introduced.
Summary of the Report:
• Analyzes the markets for medical device coatings and surface treatment technologies worldwide, by medical specialty and material, with forecasts through 2010.
• Examines the seven basic types of materials currently used to create coatings for more than 92,000 unique medical devices.
• Explains how the successful commercialization of engineered alloys, ceramics and polymers has transformed coatings from passive to active components in medical devices.
• Discusses changing medical needs that are accelerating the future demand for coated medical products.
• Reviews more than 200 patents and profiles key coating and medical device suppliers.
Agents And Carriers Used In Combination Products
List Of Figures
Medical Device Coatings is available in PDF format from Report Buyer.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00053
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.