Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘High-Performance Films’
Findings in the 244 page Report include:
• The U.S. consumption rate for high performance films was 12.8 billion pounds in 2005 and reached almost 14 billion pounds in 2006. Growing at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 2.9%, national consumption should cross 16 billion pounds by 2011.
• Correspondingly, most high-performance resins had a very significant increase in value in the same time frame, but only a minor increase in average price, from $2.77 to $2.98. Part of the reason was the market devastation wreaked on much of the polyester-based film market due to the dramatic swing to digital formats described in this report.
• There was a tilt toward higher-value, higher cost high-performance materials, a trend that will accelerate in the next five years. This is partly by design and partly a result of market forces. Major players, such as DuPont, made corporate decisions to sacrifice markets, particularly in polyesters that had become commoditized, in favor of market development in areas with greater potential, such as solar cells and structural glass laminates.
Summary of the Report:
• This report contains: Significant trends affecting high-performance polymer films and their major end-use application markets, including polyesters, nylons, polyolefin-based, polycarbonates, fluoropolymers, cyclic olefin copolymers and polyimides
• Forecasts for specific end markets for high-performance films by material types, with sections devoted to each class of high-performance film
• Analyses and market developments from the viewpoint of major applications for high-performance films including: automotive, electrical/electronic, magnetic media, packaging, photographic/reprographic, and release films
• Environmental and regulatory considerations that affect high-performance films, and their impact on products and markets
• Profiles of the major companies in the industry and a detailed patent analysis.
High-Performance Films is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00042
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.