Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Diagnostics and Therapeutics for Genetic Diseases’
Findings in the 150 page report include:
• The U.S. market for therapeutics and diagnostics for genetic diseases reached $4.8 billion in 2005 and is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 8.7%, reaching $7.3 billion by 2010.
• Transfusions and dialysis comprised 44% of the total market in 2005 and are projected to grow at an annual rate of 8.0%.
• Pharmaceuticals for genetic disease treatment reached $2.7 billion in 2005. They are expected to grow at an average annual rate of 9.4% to reach a projected $2.7 billion by 2010.
• The market for diagnostic testing reached $663.6 million in 2005. It is projected to grow at an annual rate of 9.3% to reach a projected $1036.7 million in 2010.
• The market for transplants to treat genetic diseases was $280.6 million in 2005 and is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 8.2% to reach a projected $416.1 million in 2010
Summary of the report:
• Examines common genetic diseases that result from a single mutation, namely Cystic Fibrosis, Down Syndrome, Duchenne and Becker Muscular Distrophy, Fragile X Syndrome, Hemophilias, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Sickle Cell and related anemias, and Thalassemias
• Outlines the genetic causes, common mutations, diagnostic methods and disease pathology for each of the most frequent monogenic diseases
• Discusses current and emerging treatments, and analyzes the markets for each, with forecasts projected through 2010. Treatment markets include various types of pharmaceutical agents, transplants, and transfusions
• Profiles major companies and their market shares
• Evaluates significant patents
• Presents an outlook on future directions and challenges.
Market By Disease Segment
Emerging Therapeutic Targets
Market By Product Type
List Of Figures
Diagnostics and Therapeutics for Genetic Diseases is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00027
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.