Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Biotech 2010’
Findings in the 151 page report include:
• The area most likely to see strong growth in the next five years involves collaborations between large and small companies. Such collaborations were worth $13 billion in 2005, will increase to $14.4 billion in 2006 and reach $22 billion in 2010. Small biotechnology and device companies provide innovative drug candidates and other products to larger companies wishing to fill pipelines or expand into new therapeutic areas.
• Today, venture capitalists prefer an overall strategy of investing in companies with late-stage projects. Therapeutic agents that have reached Phase II or Phase III clinical trials are most attractive. Venture capital for biotechnology amounted to $3.7 billion in 2005 and will reach $3.9 billion in 2006. This will increase $4.6 billion in 2010.
• Factors influencing the growth of the life sciences market include the continuing investments of national governments, the push by big pharmaceutical companies to fill their blockbuster pipelines, and efforts by small biotechnology companies to become bigger companies. As all of these groups continue their efforts, they will, in turn, drive the development of new instruments and new technologies.
Summary of the report:
• Analyzes the newly emerging industry in proteomics.
• Provides an overview of the market and a brief discussion of relevant scientific principles.
• Discusses current and future investment trends for the U.S. and the importance of each new method of research to the overall market.
• Analyzes patents and their importance to the industry.
• Considers investment by angel investors and venture capitalists, collaborations and mergers and acquisitions.
• Examines the relative merits of systems biology, a new approach and potential "next big thing" in the industry.
• Presents appendices that contain directories of companies and investors, as well as profiles of companies given significant coverage in the report.
Overview: The Biotechnology Industry Today
The U.S. Markets For Biotechnology And Pharmaceutical Companies
Biotechnology And Intellectual Property
Case Studies: Two Important Technological Areas In Biotechnology
Venture Capital Investments In The Life Sciences
Initial Public Offerings In The Life Sciences
Collaborations With Large Companies
List Of Figures
Biocompatible Materials for the Human Body is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00018
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.