NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/05/22 - ReportBuyer.com, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Biocompatible Materials for the Human Body’.
Findings in the 130 page report include:
• The U.S. market for biocompatible materials is valued at $ 22.2 billion in 2007 and is expected to grow with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% to reach $30.9 billion in 2012.
• Tissue replacements constitute the largest segment with a value of nearly $11.7 billion in 2007. This represents 52% of the total biomaterials market value. The tissue replacements will grow at a CAGR of 6.6% to reach over $16 billion in 2012.
• The smallest segment of the biomaterials market is biocompatible surface coatings with a value of $2.6 billion in 2007. This segment is expected to grow with a CAGR of 5.7% to $3.4 billion by 2012.
Summary of the report:
• An examination of the supporting products that have enhanced imaging at the chemical level (reagents and contrast media) and at the analysis level (software tools and image management)
• The U.S. markets for medical devices, tissue replacements, and surface coating biomaterials for a variety of biomaterials categories including metals, ceramics, polymers, and natural materials
• Assessment of the market for specific medical applications including orthopedic surgery, cardiovascular surgery and care, wound management, dentistry, urology, gastrointestinal surgery, ophthalmic care as well as plastics and reconstructive surgery
• A review of important technology and a discussion of patents in the past few decades
• Profiles of all the major companies in the industry.
Market For Biocompatible Materials
U.S. Market For Biomaterials, By Application
On The Horizon
List Of Figures
Biocompatible Materials for the Human Body is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00017
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.